Inventor General Discussion

Reply
*Laimer, Leo
Message 1 of 4 (42 Views)

23" flat screen

42 Views, 3 Replies
11-25-2002 09:09 PM
Group,
Anybody out there running a Sony 23" flat screen SDM-P232W and would like to
share his experience?

Regards,
--
Leo Laimer
Maschinen- und Fertigungstechnik
A-4820 Bad Ischl - Austria
*Carr, Jimmy
Message 2 of 4 (42 Views)

Re: 23" flat screen

11-26-2002 07:19 AM in reply to: *Laimer, Leo
No, but I'm looking hard. Right now interested in the Planar 23.1 UXGA .
Incredible specifications at the same cost. We have some of the smaller
ones here at work and they are sharp.


"Leo Laimer" wrote in message
news:49B9B51E033FE52D934226B14D08E4BD@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Group,
> Anybody out there running a Sony 23" flat screen SDM-P232W and would like
to
> share his experience?
>
> Regards,
> --
> Leo Laimer
> Maschinen- und Fertigungstechnik
> A-4820 Bad Ischl - Austria
>
>
*Laimer, Leo
Message 3 of 4 (42 Views)

Re:

11-26-2002 04:00 PM in reply to: *Laimer, Leo
Jimmy,
My concern was about the refresh time of 20+20ms (ascend/descend) that is
stated in the specs of Sony. Somebody in this NG said that one should never
have more than 20ms in order to not have a blurr on moving assemblies, and
was not sure about 20+20ms would be good enough.
Well, yesterday I checked with a friend who has a 4yrs old 18" Elsa TFT that
says 45ms typical, and this flatscreen works just great!

Just had a look at the Planar thing, and what comes in mind is the different
proportion (Planar has 4:3, Sony has 16:10). The price is very interesting,
though.

Regards,
--
Leo Laimer
Maschinen- und Fertigungstechnik
A-4820 Bad Ischl - Austria


"Jimmy Carr" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:65C1140CBDA7DCF455687F7FAF5A87DA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> No, but I'm looking hard. Right now interested in the Planar 23.1 UXGA .
> Incredible specifications at the same cost. We have some of the smaller
> ones here at work and they are sharp.
>
>
> "Leo Laimer" wrote in message
> news:49B9B51E033FE52D934226B14D08E4BD@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Group,
> > Anybody out there running a Sony 23" flat screen SDM-P232W and would
like
> to
> > share his experience?
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Leo Laimer
> > Maschinen- und Fertigungstechnik
> > A-4820 Bad Ischl - Austria
> >
> >
>
>
*Carr, Jimmy
Message 4 of 4 (42 Views)

Re:

11-27-2002 06:29 AM in reply to: *Laimer, Leo
I'm just beginning to study these new specifications myself, but as you were
saying, the rise/fall numbers are important. If I remember correctly, the
Planar was 10/15 (or visa versa) for a total of 25 and a constrast of 500:1.
As far as the aspect ratio, I don't know. I think a standard CRT is 4:3. I
guess the 16:10 might fit a standard drafting layout a little better? Let
me know how it works out if you purchase. I hope to place an order before
the end of the year.

"Leo Laimer" wrote in message
news:smileyvery-happy:7C174F725836F4222C93408D5BE3544@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Jimmy,
> My concern was about the refresh time of 20+20ms (ascend/descend) that is
> stated in the specs of Sony. Somebody in this NG said that one should
never
> have more than 20ms in order to not have a blurr on moving assemblies, and
> was not sure about 20+20ms would be good enough.
> Well, yesterday I checked with a friend who has a 4yrs old 18" Elsa TFT
that
> says 45ms typical, and this flatscreen works just great!
>
> Just had a look at the Planar thing, and what comes in mind is the
different
> proportion (Planar has 4:3, Sony has 16:10). The price is very
interesting,
> though.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Leo Laimer
> Maschinen- und Fertigungstechnik
> A-4820 Bad Ischl - Austria
>
>
> "Jimmy Carr" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:65C1140CBDA7DCF455687F7FAF5A87DA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > No, but I'm looking hard. Right now interested in the Planar 23.1 UXGA
.
> > Incredible specifications at the same cost. We have some of the smaller
> > ones here at work and they are sharp.
> >
> >
> > "Leo Laimer" wrote in message
> > news:49B9B51E033FE52D934226B14D08E4BD@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > Group,
> > > Anybody out there running a Sony 23" flat screen SDM-P232W and would
> like
> > to
> > > share his experience?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > --
> > > Leo Laimer
> > > Maschinen- und Fertigungstechnik
> > > A-4820 Bad Ischl - Austria
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.