Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 - Tube and Pipe does not honor new size

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
karthur1
348 Views, 4 Replies

2015 - Tube and Pipe does not honor new size

I created a pipe run using 1/2 tube.  I would now like to change this to 1/4.  When I do the tube size stays the same.

http://screencast.com/t/R8HHhtLhmxs

Can someone explain how to get this to change.  As you can see in the above video, I am selecting the "Change Size" in the context menu for the hose, but it has not effect.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: karthur1

This is how I do it it T & P with flexible: https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/10076373-f181-4640-baaa-d0feb46400f4

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: blair

Blair,

So you have created a style for each different size tubing?  Are those styles stored in each assembly are are they published to a shared library?  Would you export one of those so I could see how the style is built?

Thanks,

Kirk

Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: karthur1

All "Styles" used in T & P are stored in the Tube and Pipe Assembly IAM file. I can't attach files to this user forum at work, send me an e-mail at: blair dot stunder at arcticmfg dot com and I will send you my T & P IAM file to look at. In this case I modified an existing Parker file.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: blair

Guys,... the tube & pipe "template" file is "Piping Runs.iam".  It is found in your Design Data path... wherever you have put that.  Save all T&P styles there to have them available for future use.  And yes, you should have one defined for each size of tube or pipe that you want to use.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report