Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015: Cannot toggle visibility of parts in browser whilst editing sketch in part

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Daniel248
735 Views, 4 Replies

2015: Cannot toggle visibility of parts in browser whilst editing sketch in part

In Inventor 2014 (and earlier versions), whilst editing the sketch of a part feature (in the context of a complex assembly), I used to be able to toggle on/off the visibility of any parts & sub-assemblies in the browser.  This was very useful when measuring or projecting edges.

Now I have to exit the sketch to be able to toggle that visibility in Inventor 2015.

Have I missed some setting somewhere?

Does this functionality still work for you in 2015 version?

(PDSU 2015)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Daniel248

Tested in 2014, visibility on components is available while editing a component sketch, not in 2015.

Message 3 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! This is a great catch! I cannot give a reason why the option is not available. So far, it does look like something is not working right. I need to dig in further and see what can be done with it. I will get back to you. Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5
karthur1

I see the same thing in 2015.  I did notice that when working in the context of the assembly, when I double-click on the part to make it active, I can select other parts in the assembly and turn off the visibility in the browser. But, like you say, when I edit the sketch, I can't turn off the visibility then.

Not a show stopper for us, but it looks like one of those "undocumented" new features Smiley Happy.

Hopefully they will get it straightened out.

Kirk

Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: karthur1

Hi! I am sorry for the inconvenience the change in behavior may have caused. I still cannot find a clear reason for the change. This issue has been reported as a defect against R2015. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report