Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Slow placing assemblies in to 2D drawing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Dotter7
359 Views, 3 Replies

2014 Slow placing assemblies in to 2D drawing

I am having a real problem trying to get my assemblies put into my titleblock drawing. I changed my preview to bounding box, I don't bring my assemblies in shaded. I can get one view dropped in but when I try to add a second view Inventor locks up. I've attached my computer specs along with a pic of what my assembly looks like.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: Dotter7

Looking at that assembly & your PC specs you should be able to create drawings easily enough. What version of 2014 are you using ? Do you have Sp2 & Update3 installed ?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/update-3-fo...

How is your project configured ? Are you working locally or over a network ? Where are your files for Design Data & materials/Appearance libraries defined ?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Dotter7
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Chris, Thanks for your input. I am working through a network, and the more research I do I think that is my biggest problem. I did install the update. If I have my project stored locally and my libraries on a our network will that still slow the process down? Should I move my libraries and projects locally?

Thanks,

Derek

Message 4 of 4
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: Dotter7

Hi,

Having anything on the network will always be slower than working locally, as data has to be copied/cached into local memory before it's used by Inventor, so that will always be faster from local as opposed to over the network.

Yes as a test I'd put everythign local & see if there is any considerable difference in drawing view processing.

You'll need to modify any of the project setting entries to ensure that they're looking to the local versions of Design data, material/appearance libraries etc.

Thanks
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report