Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Relationships folder

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mcgyvr
496 Views, 4 Replies

2014 Relationships folder

Why is the relationships folder shown when I'm in "assembly view" browser mode?.. In previous releases I swear it would only show that folder (well the constraints folder) when you switch to "modeling view"..

Bug?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
yannick3
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi

It's a new feature with 2014 release

Capture1.PNG

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 3 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: yannick3

well ok then..

of course..I liked it better how it was.. 

Anyone know the logic/reasoning of why its now visible in both view modes?

I'm all for change if there is an actual purpose/improvement behind it.. Of course I don't know the purpose of changing it from "constraints" to "relationships" anyways.. Was "constraints just to constraining? And relationships is more PC/facebook status or something?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 4 of 5
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi mcgyvr,

The Constraints folder of previous versions was renamed to Relationships in Inventor 2014, since it now houses both Constraints and Joints (created with the new Joint tool), both of which are types of assembly "relationships".

As for why this folder shows automatically in the browser, I think this was to help make assembly "relationships" more discoverable (particularly for new users) and ( I think) to provide some continuity with some of the new assembly relationship diagnostic tools such as Show, Hide All, Show Sick, etc.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Sounds good.. Thanks Curtis

I forgot about the new "joints" stuff.. makes some sense now..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report