Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Parts List Row Visibility

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Genicee
1044 Views, 7 Replies

2014 Parts List Row Visibility

Inventor 2014 Professional:

I have Parts in my Parts List with duplicate Item Numbers (For Balloning purposes) but with different quantities (Custom Quantities). I turn the visibility of the Part with the Static Quantity off. 

Whenever my assembly is updated the Part I had orginally turn the visibility off gets turned back on.

Is there something I am missing to keep it turned off?

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: Genicee
Message 3 of 8
Genicee
in reply to: cbenner

Attached is .png of the way I would like my Parts list to stay and also attached is the BoM. I have for example Item #22. They share the same Part Number, but are not technically the same part in terms of how they are actually modeled. I still want them both to be #22. When I ballon them they should both share the same #Item Number, because they are both the same Part Number.

Message 4 of 8
mrattray

Are you aware of Inventor's Parts List Row Merge Settings capability? I think what you are trying to do is pretty much a work around to accomplish what Inventor can do for you automatically.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 8
Genicee
in reply to: mrattray

Yes I am aware. I have row merge disabled. I disable it because there are parts that will be the same Part Number, but have other custom iProperties that I display in the Parts List.

For Example:

Item #  |  Part #   |      Service      

1           001         SERVICE 1

2           001         SERVICE 2

3           020         SERVICE 3

Item #1 & #2 are both same Part # but not the same Part.  For this reason I cannot merge the Part Numbers. 

Attached is real Example of what I typed out.

I just want to be able to turn the visibility off on some of the parts with the same Item Number. Which I can but once the Assembly is updated the Parts with same Item Number's visibility get set to True.

Message 6 of 8
mrattray

Well, then, now I'm confused. I understand what you're showing in this last message, you need two line items that have the same item and part numbers but with other differences. But then I look back at your previous post and it looks like you're trying to combine your two different lines into one by turning off the visibility of one line and then upping the quantity of the other.
I guess I still don't understand why what you are trying to do can't be done without manual overrides to the parts list.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 8
rmccalleng12

Have you tried changing the item # of the non-visible part?  For example if you have 2 rows that show item 22 maybe change the item # to something like 22-1 on the one you have turned the visibility off.  Also when you do change the item # click on the item # column heading so that it highlights the entire column and then right click and hit save item overrides to BOM.

Message 8 of 8
Genicee
in reply to: rmccalleng12

Thank you all for the help, but I have to regrettably inform you I am the reason for the problem. Many months ago I wrote an iLogic rule for this particular drawing that controlled item visibility. It was the reason for the items I had set visible to false to return true on updates.     Once again thanks for trying to help. It is always good to know there is a great community here!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report