Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 has trouble opening IDW files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Mario428
345 Views, 3 Replies

2014 has trouble opening IDW files

Have been having this trouble since I installed 2014 and happened again this morning. Thought previously Inventor was having trouble with my 2012 files but the IDW I tried to open this morning I have edited before.

I opening the main assy, opened a sub assy, made a few changes then tried to open the IDW file. The windows hourglass displays for as long as I am willing to wait. I click again and the screen goes gray over my assy and Inventor comes to a complete halt.

I have to use Windows Task Manager to shut Inventor down and open the IDW file first. SAfter I get an IDW open it seems I can open more of them until it happens again for no reason and no logical sequence.

Build 170, Release 2014 RTM, Update 1

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Mario428
Message 3 of 4
Mario428
in reply to: Anonymous

Update 2 did not fix the problem. The same IDW file I edited this morning still took Inventor to a complete standstill.

Also when I check in my main assy to our vault Inventor crashes checking in the top assy IAM file. Everything else seems to be updated in the vault. Interestingly I got that IDW file open and when checking it in the main assy IAM file is checked in.

Message 4 of 4
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: Mario428

Many thanks to report the issue to us! Could you attach the dataset or send it to me @ river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com for further investigation?

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report