Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 'ghosting' graphics problem

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
AdrianT
2145 Views, 10 Replies

2014 'ghosting' graphics problem

Good Day,

I sometimes am having some graphics problems. For example, see attached screenshot. I placed a gantry into an assembly and it leaves a 'ghost' image behind. When I go under options and change from say 'smoother' to 'smooth' the problem goes away. Any way to avoid this totally?

My specs:

Inventor Professional 2014, 64 bit edition, I've got an HP Z400 desktop which is a 3.2GHz Processor with 4 cores, 12 GB RAM. NVIDIA Quadro 4000 graphics card.

I never had this problem with 2012, nor 2013, same computer, same settings which I always import. 

Thanks,
Adrian

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
vmcarbonneau
in reply to: AdrianT

I have the same problem

I have a quadro 4000m with latest drivers from nvidia

Did you solve this issue ?

Message 3 of 11
mcgyvr
in reply to: vmcarbonneau

Aren't you glad you went with an expensive graphics card?

ha ha ha ha..

Seems with every new release the Quadro guys always have graphic artifacts.... Have you updated Inventor to latest service pack/hotfix or whatever they call them now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 11
SeanFarr

I think there a big graphics problem with Inventor 2014, lots of issues related to graphics and screen display. Anyways, i too have the ghosting effect in the working model, I typically do a couple orbit maneuvers or save the assembly and they seem to go away. My drawings don't carry over the "ghosting" which is the more important thing.

There is a thread around here about realistic view rendering, that goes on about speckling models after the rendering is done.

Something not right about the graphics portion in this release. Hopefully SP1 will fix "Everything" due out soon I hear...

Good Luck!

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
Message 5 of 11
SeanFarr

Another trick I use is try switching the visual style from Shaded to Shaded with edges or something, seems to work sometimes, not a solid fix, but a simple workaround.

Good Luck!

Sean Farr

Message 6 of 11
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: SeanFarr

Hi,

SP1 will help with some of the graphics issues but not all of them, that should be released by end of day today. This ghosting, as you've seen, can be addressed by changing to one of the other graphics view modes, but eventually it will return. Another option is to go to Application Options, Hardware & change to compatibility or software modes, but if you have very large assemblies then you may see performance degradation.

This is an issue that we're still investigating in conjunction with nvidia & also AMD/ATI.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 11
SeanFarr
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

@ChrisMitchell01 wrote:

This is an issue that we're still investigating in conjunction with nvidia & also AMD/ATI.

Thanks,
Chris

Hey Chris,

When Inventor 2014 was developed and compiled, reviewed and released, did the bugs and issues exist for the developers? I understand that users of Inventor each have there own workstation setups, and therefore you include compatibility options within Inventor. But what to the developers use in terms of a workstation? They must use Inventor on its highests settings and review the software for glitches, bugs etc... I don't understand why you said in your post, your working with nVidia and AMD/ATI to work on a solution? If the issues were only with gaming cards, this would be acceptable (in some terms), but I can say confidently, that even the most expensive "professional" graphics cards are displaying the same behavior as the gaming cards.

TL;DR - in Short, what are the developers/testers using before releasing new versions?? AutoDesk could save a lot of headaches for people if they knew what systems would be the absolute ideal for running Inventor...

Thanks

Sean Farr

Message 8 of 11
karthur1
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

I just saw this issue for the first time.  I can make it go away by changing my application options  from (Hardware), Performance to Quality.  This occurs when I try to drag a sub-assembly.  I also noticed that when I zoom in/out the ghost will go away, but when I zoom back, it will reappear.

Check that - - - - it does not stay away with the Quality setting.  But changing the setting to something different makes it go away temporarily.

I am using 2014 SP1.  My graphics card is a GTX250 (327.23 driver) on a Win 7x64 system.

Ghosting.png

Kirk A.

Message 9 of 11

It's a shame that this problem still exists. I saw it today in Version 2016 SP1 and a Quadro K4200 with newest drivers.

Not sure who to blame here NVIDIA or Autodesk?

Why do we buy this graphic cards?

Kind regards

Tobias

Message 10 of 11

@tobias_wiesendanger wrote:

It's a shame that this problem still exists. I saw it today in Version 2016 SP1 and a Quadro K4200 with newest drivers.

Not sure who to blame here NVIDIA or Autodesk?

Why do we buy this graphic cards?

Kind regards

Tobias

yeah.. why did you buy that card..

No problems here with my non-quadro card.. ha ha ha.. sucker Smiley Tongue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 11 of 11

Luckily im not the one who paid for it. Otherwise I would probably be pretty mad about it 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report