Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014, a bit underwhelming

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
A_Harro
358 Views, 3 Replies

2014, a bit underwhelming

I thought when upgrading from 2010 to 2014 I would see some major improvements or major fixes to this product. Im a bit underwhelming with things that seem like no-brainers in fixing. I might just list a couple that I've noticed in my last hour of playing in the new version:

In the drawing environment:

Tables.. They are still lame. Why can't we get a bit more functionality to these?

Adding a break to an isometric view, still the drawing lines do not line up and it looks dumb.

Text or balloons over the drawing, can't we have background set to white/background like in acad so we can read the text over the top of the drawing lines.?

Balloons style with 2 levels of text, can't we overwrite the 2nd bit of text yet?

Frame Gen:

Change a beam size and it still wont update the description of it, even though its a new file!

Where has my custom toolbar gone? Why did yhey remove this as an option.?

im sure i'll be frustrated by more isses n the days to come, but i hope not.. theres got to be good in it somewhere! 🙂

whinge over.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: A_Harro

Welcome to Autodesk Inventor..

But aren't you happy you can make your modeling screen look like watercolor paints now.. horray Smiley Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi buffs_star,

You can share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team at this link:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/idb-p/v1232

There are already many ideas posted, so be sure and search through them and give a Kudo/Vote to show your support for the ones that would be meaningful to you. And if you don't find an idea that you'd like to see implemented in the existing ideas, please create a new one, and be certain to state the issue and the proposed improvement idea clearly. You might add screen shots and illustrations if that will help. Just keep in mind that the developers and other forum members may not be as familiar with your workflows, industry, and specific jargon as you are, so make an effort to express your idea clearly with a lot of details.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 4
stevec781

Thats's why I didnt renew my subscription last time.  Paying in advance for new functionality only to be disappointed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report