Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 WorkPlane Edit Dimension

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
karthur1
719 Views, 3 Replies

2013 WorkPlane Edit Dimension

I have three workplanes.  All three were created the same way (offsetting an existing workplane).  I want to change the offset dimension.  I can on one of the planes, but on the other two, I have to "Redefine Feature".  There is no Edit dimension available in the menu.

One plane like this:

2012-05-19_1413.png

Two planes like this:

2012-05-19_1414.png

Why is it different?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
trumpy81
in reply to: karthur1

Have you tried double clicking on the plane to see if it brings up the edit dialog?

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 3 of 4
karthur1
in reply to: trumpy81

Double clicking on the plane does nothing.  I know it should show me the dimension so I can edit it, but it doesnt.  I have to "redefine" the workplane.

After I redefine them, then I can double click the plane or right-click and choose "edit dim".

I come across parts all the time like this... its not just this one.

Message 4 of 4
mflayler2
in reply to: karthur1

With 2013 they added the Edit Dimension to the mini toolbar pop up in canvas.  Click on the offset WP in the graphics screen and see if you have the little toolbar to choose Edit Dimension.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums