Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 to 2014 Student upgrade

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
438 Views, 7 Replies

2013 to 2014 Student upgrade

Gday people needing some advice, I am learning to use Inventor for my tafe course and was told by my teacher to install the 2013 version because that is the one we are using in class. However after downloading Inventor 2013 I learnt that that particular version is not compatable with windows 8.1 and was recieving a compatability issue upon attempting to open Inventor after installation. (rookie mistake). 

I have an autodesk student account and was wondering if I can just peform an update to Inventor 2014 which is compatable with Windows 8.1 so those hours of downloading don't go to waste.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
admaiora
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Bills,

until now i am quite sure that  : "Versions prior to Inventor 2014 do not support Windows 8.1"

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 8
mslosar
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry, but an update is an update in name only. It's still a full download/install of the newer version. It doesn't just replace some files to make it 2014, it's a complete new installation.

If you need to take your files to school, too, there's not a method to port them from 2014 back to 2013 either.
Message 4 of 8
admaiora
in reply to: mslosar

Sorry, i haven't understood, are you trying to install the 2013 or 2014 Inventor  release?

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 8
Paul-Mason
in reply to: mslosar

I think that you should also be taking this up  with your School head of sector or the principal as to why they have not updated to at least IV 2014, after all Autodesk provide a free Educational versions to School & Collages, not to sure about Universities though, I've often found that the sector has the latest version but not installed usually because the IT sector claim rights over what's installed and when

The more of your class that complain about 2013 not being compatible with the Windows 8 OS then the better the chances of BOTH you and the School getting the most up to date version

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 6 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Paul-Mason

@Paul-Mason wrote:
Autodesk provide a free Educational versions to School & Collages, not to sure about Universities

All schools can get for free now.

You could download newer version to run in Win 8, but the data files are not backward compatible - you would not be able to open 2015 files in 2013.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: admaiora

I have already installed 2013 and am looking at downloading 2014
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Paul-Mason

Thanks I'll take that up with my teacher. We are enrolled through Swinburne Institute of Technology but under the TAFE sector so we should be able to ge that upgrade.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report