Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 - Styles Conflict - How to set-up a style

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
SeanFarr
865 Views, 4 Replies

2013 - Styles Conflict - How to set-up a style

Using Inventor 2013 Professional,

How can I fix my conflict styles?

I have two .idw templates (2 divisions with company) with a custom title-block. The only reason I edited the styles in the first place was because my drawings looked like they were drawn with crayons. I edited the layers sections and changed a bunch of line widths to my liking. hit update, and save and thought all was well. But everytime I open my template I get this prompt:

styles_conflict.png

It says the template is different than the definitions in the style library, and therefore the style library will be used. How can i edit the style library to match what I want in my template?

Thanks!!

Sean Farr

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: SeanFarr

If you want to make the template styles the active ones simply open the template and hit the "save" button on the "manage" tab (styles and standards section)

If you want the style library standard to be active then open the template and hit the update button in that same area.

That note is just telling you that they don't match.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
SeanFarr
in reply to: mcgyvr

I pressed the save button, but there is nothing in the window to save? or do I press save and ok anyways??

save-styles.png

Thanks!

Sean

Sean Farr

Message 4 of 5
LewisLusby
in reply to: SeanFarr

Did you find the solution Sean? It's bugging me also, same idw template, 3 different users on 3 different pc's, 2 have different style conflict warnings and the last user gets nothing. Come on Autodesk!

Message 5 of 5
SeanFarr
in reply to: LewisLusby

Actually pressing save on the empty screen worked for me,

I don't quite understand how the styles worked, but here is what was happening to me.

The default drawing template looks like it was drawn with crayons, the line widths were huge when printing, so i made changes to the layers in the style library to adjust these line widths, after the changes we done, I would press save here:

styles_conflict-2.png

then re-save the template file. I figured all was good.

But the next time I opened the drawing template, that message box appeared with all the conflict issues.

But as mcgyvr suggested, simply press save again,(even if the window is empty) and then re-save the template, and I don't get the prompt anymore.

haha, so workflow for me that works is

make style changes,

save style change

save template

open template

save style changes again

save template file

and now the template file should be ok...

As I said, I have no idea, but this is how I have it working.

Good Luck

Sean Farr

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums