Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013-Sheet metal rules - where?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mies07
1211 Views, 3 Replies

2013-Sheet metal rules - where?

I installed 2013 Design Suite not too long ago and there appears to  be no sheet metal rules - only SheetMetalRules.xml which contains exactly one rule - "Default". I tried install new features through control panel, etc, and even searched the install flash drive - only thing there is same one rule xml file. Isn't Inventor supposed to come with a standard set of sheet metal rules that you can then use to customize? I know 2012 and earlier did.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: mies07

They now reside within the "Styles Manager". Manage>Styles and Standards>Sheet Metal Rule:

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
mies07
in reply to: blair

This is all I have. One rule - Default

Message 4 of 4
blair
in reply to: mies07

Looks right for a new installation, all you have to do now is RMB on the Default and Save-As copy and create all the styles you need. The nice thing now is when you export your Styles and import into IV2014 it should be easier.

Capture.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report