Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 model section view

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
eman6398
1547 Views, 15 Replies

2013 model section view

When I do a half section view in an assembly, it works untill I hit escape or a measuring operation. Once the command is started the half section turns back to no section or the sold part. Is this how it is suppose to work in this version? In 2012 the section would stick so you could measure and even constrain parts.

Dell t1700 Xeon 16 gb ram
Windows 7 64 bit
NVIDIA QUADRO K4000

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Retselnitram
in reply to: eman6398

after you do the section and you click on the white arrowwhich is continue, then you have to hit enter key or right click and click OK.

Or you can press enter key after the section. But there is no enter key for the mouse.

I'm still trying to understand the reason for this.

Message 3 of 16
eman6398

Thanks for the info! I dont see why autodesk seems to want to double the amount of mouse clicks to operate this software. It only just slows us down.

Dell t1700 Xeon 16 gb ram
Windows 7 64 bit
NVIDIA QUADRO K4000

Message 4 of 16
gcook

This is retarded behavious that can only be described as a bug.  Could someone at Adesk please fix this.

Regards,

Gary

Message 5 of 16
prachu

This is annoying...I don't know that adding clicks to accomplish something that used to be doable with less is ever a good idea.

Message 6 of 16
trumpy81
in reply to: prachu

I have to agree with everyone on this point. It does not make any sense at all. You should be able to select the command, select a face or plane, drag it to the position you want and then be able to measure or sketch or any other operation without having to click anything other than the command you want.

This is related to my complaint of the Undo command cancelling the tool you are currently using, another PITA!

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 7 of 16
mfilipowicz

Man,

This is stupid, I agree with all of you about the extra click. Thanx for the info though, the work flow is so retarded I could not figure it out untill I searched for it and found this post.

FIX THIS AUTODESK!

Mark

Message 8 of 16
dan_inv09
in reply to: mfilipowicz

Just want to and my vote for the

FIX THIS AUTODESK!

Very nice to add secret extra steps, thanks a lot for that.

Plus, I have to right click then select "OK (Enter)" which to me implies that Enter should work the same as the right clicking and selecting, but no matter how many times I hit Enter the command is not finished and I lose my section when I try to do something.

So I would just like to reiterate (again)

FIX THIS AUTODESK!

Message 9 of 16
prachu

This appears to be fixed in 2014. A single right click > OK, or pressing Enter once is all that is needed now.

Message 10 of 16
dan_inv09

If I type "0" and hit Enter it goes, but it does not seem to be okay with just hitting Enter with the default "0.000 in" still in the field. Didn't you used to be able to just Enter to accept the default?

They did remove the superfluous Right Click - Okay (which said "Okay (Enter)" implying that Enter would accomplish the same thing, which it didn't) so I guess they can have a big "atta-boy" for that.

Message 11 of 16
kwilson_design
in reply to: dan_inv09

+1!!! I have never understood why I can't simply click "Enter" when using the default 0.000 value, but if I drag or move the plane I can click Enter and it closes the command out like it should. I really wished Enter meant...well....."Enter"... like it implies. Smiley Frustrated

The infamous OK (Enter) alive and well in 2014 Update 2....

adsk.jpg

section.jpg

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 12 of 16
prachu
in reply to: dan_inv09

Ahh, yep. It still does require changing that value. I usually drag the plane with my mouse which changes that value and works just hitting enter after that.

Message 13 of 16
prachu
in reply to: kwilson_design

The original one is still there as an alternate way of accepting the view. I think dan was referring to the 2nd RMB > OK that was required in 2013 and is now removed in 2014.
Message 14 of 16
SteveMDennis

OK I see the issue with not accepting enter when the value is default... probably just a focus issue (even though the I beam is blinking the control may still not have focus which means we don't get the enter.

I will log this right now.

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 16
dan_inv09
in reply to: SteveMDennis

For that, everything I've muttered under my breath about the people who work with you, and especially that stuff about their mothers, doesn't apply to you (or your mother) for at least the rest of the day.

Message 16 of 16
prachu
in reply to: SteveMDennis

Looks like this bug was reintroduced in 2015. Enter doesn't work with the default value in a section view again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report