Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 iparts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Boleivia
249 Views, 3 Replies

2013 iparts

We are using IV 2013 sp2 and Vault Basic. We have had numerous Ipart problems in the past. We adoped a work flow involving making assemblies with all the children from the factory in the assembly. This worked well just open the assembly and the parent and generate the children to get them up to date.

We have migrated and rebuilt all the children and parents to 2013. Now EVERY time I atempt to generate all the children inventor crashes, no warning just "would you like to send a crash report"  I can generate

I have tried on several different computers with the same results, crash.

Anybody have any sugestions

Scott

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
4donwan4
in reply to: Boleivia

Hard to say what’s causing the crash. You can try running the assembly through a migration task in the task scheduler with the options total rebuild and compact model history turned on. Identify where log file would be placed in you can review for errors to see if it points to failing files. Something else to check would be the video card driver, just make sure it’s certified for the machine. The link is below.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

If this is the only file it is occurring on then it maybe corrupted.

Regards,

Don

Message 3 of 4
jddickson
in reply to: Boleivia

Do you have any iLogic rules in your iParts? If so you might try suppressing the rules. This would at least tell you if some code is messing with things. I have had issues in the past where code worked fine but a service pack update messed things up and have to tweak the code to work right. 

Hope this helps

Thanks

JD

Message 4 of 4
Boleivia
in reply to: jddickson

No ilogic is used. These files are our fastener library. When we started using inventor some 10 years ago we decided not to use the content center fasteners and make Iparts instead. The content center was not highly regarded at that point in time. In hind sight maybe that was a mistake. Maybe its time to start using the content center? Our problem is what do we do about the existing fasteners used in thousands of assemblies?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report