Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 - Content Center, How to reduce list

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
karthur1
273 Views, 6 Replies

2013 - Content Center, How to reduce list

Just getting started looking into using the bolted connections to generate the fasteners hardware (Bolts, nuts, washers). We have been using iparts and are looking for something a little easier to use.  I copied out the bolt that I need from the ANSI standard content to my "New" library.  When I go to place the bolt, I still see the large selection of all the bolts from the ANSI standard content.

Is there a way to reduce this list so that I ONLY see the files that are in my "New Library"?  The one that I have highlighted here is the one from "My Library".

Thanks,

Kirk

2014-05-05_1057.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: karthur1

Possibly look at editing your Project File to only use "My Library". Icon lower RH of the Project File Editor.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
karthur1
in reply to: blair

Thanks Blair.... I just removed the standard "Inventor ANSI" library from the list.

While we are on this.....  do you use Autodesk Vault server or a shared location for the content files?  Right now, I have the content on a shared server location, but I am thinking I would rather have it in the vault.

Message 4 of 7
blair

No, just me on Inventor, no Vault. I bring everything in from CC as a custom part and it then resides in my Work Directory for the given project. We only really have three projects here. The first is for our standard production equipment and parts. The second is for custom equipment done for customer (we use our production directory as a Library, this stops us from making any changes by accident to standard production parts and the third is for our jigs and fixtures. This again uses the standard production directory as a library.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 7
rhasell

Hi

I have another suggestion.

What I have done is change the standards organisation for my Library.
 This way it alows you to filter the selection to just your custom libraries.

See below.

Custom Bolt.JPG

Custom Bolt2.JPG

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 6 of 7
blair
in reply to: rhasell

I saw this at AU last year, it has many down-stream advantages other than just filtering at the CC level. It works at the IAM level as well.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 7
karthur1
in reply to: blair

Ah, Yes.  That will keep me from having to change the ipj everytime I get finished editing/adding to the library.

Maybe I need to start going to AU..........

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report