Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Inventor Fusion Error - Realistic Visual Style

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mnoramczyk
3355 Views, 8 Replies

2012 Inventor Fusion Error - Realistic Visual Style

I get the following error when I try to launch Fusion from within Inventor (or on it's own):

The application is unavailable.
    We’re sorry, there was an error while initializing the graphics subsystem.  This is likely due to one or more of the following:  your graphics driver is not configured for "True Color", there was a problem installing the application, the application installation was damaged, or some other problem with the graphics hardware and drivers or the configuration of the application.  More detailed information may be included below.

Also, when I try to switch to Realistic Visual Style, it will not allow me to. When I go into Application Options, Hardware, and try to set it for Quality it always goes back to Compatibility.

My video card info is:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor:  GeForce 9800 GT
Driver version:  270.61
DirectX support: 10
CUDA Cores:  112
Core clock:  550 MHz
Shader clock:  1375 MHz
Memory clock:  900 MHz (1800 MHz data rate)
Memory interface: 256-bit
Total available graphics memory: 4095 MB
Dedicated video memory: 1024 MB GDDR3
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 3071 MB
Video BIOS version: 62.92.89.00.80
IRQ:   16
Bus:   PCI Express x16 Gen2

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
udayag
in reply to: mnoramczyk

Can you please confirm if the issue with Fusion 2012 is that it does not start, and that all other issues you describe relate specifically to Inventor 2012?

Regarding Fusion, can you uninstall Fusion and reinstall it to make sure that it installed correctly? Thanks.

Udaya Gunasena
Fusion Development
Autodesk
Message 3 of 9
adragroup
in reply to: udayag

Hi, I also have the same problem with Fusion - did uninstalling and reinstalling Fusion fix this error?

Cheers, Mick

Message 4 of 9
udayag
in reply to: adragroup

Since the OP mentioned several issues, could you please be specific about what you are seeing?

Specifically, could you launch Fusion 2012 directly (rather than invoking through Inventor) and do a simple operation like creating a box?

Thanks.

Udaya Gunasena
Fusion Development
Autodesk
Message 5 of 9
mnoramczyk

Problem fixed.....first time ever that I had an issue due to installing software with my anti-virus still on. I've installed hundreds of programs before, and this is the first time ever that I had to shut it off to do an install.

Message 6 of 9
adragroup

When I start Fusion (either standalone or from inside Inventor 2012) I get the fusion splash screen and then the following error:

The application is unavailable.
    We’re sorry, there was an error while initializing the graphics subsystem.  This is likely due to one or more of the following:  your graphics driver is not configured for "True Color", there was a problem installing the application, the application installation was damaged, or some other problem with the graphics hardware and drivers or the configuration of the application.  More detailed information may be included below.

See the attached screen capture.

I have an Dell T3500 workstation with dual Nvidia FX580 graphics.

Cheers, Mick

Message 7 of 9
udayag

The following excerpt is from Fusion help. Could you please send the output file to me (udaya.gunasena at autodesk.com) to confirm that your system is qualified for graphics? Thanks.

"Test your Graphics Card Capabilities:

The Inventor Fusion Install directory (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ Inventor Fusion Technology Preview 3) or the equivalent on your machine, contains a Graphics Capabilities Application, AdskDiagOutput.exe.

Open a command prompt; Start MenuRun cmd, and navigate to this folder. Enter AdskDiagOutput f> out.txt and press ENTER. The program runs and produces an output file called out.txt or any other name you choose."

Udaya Gunasena
Fusion Development
Autodesk
Message 8 of 9
Kinsula

I have tried all those trick they have failed am using dell precision laptop m6500 , 1 TB hard drive 8 gb of ram,, ATifre pro m7820 graphics adapter, Intel I-7 processor 2.67 Ghz.. But that very error is still appearing .. Tried to create those out put txt file nothing good has been yielded please help me out.

Am on windows 7 Bit with service park 1

Message 9 of 9
udayag

It's not clear from your post if you were successful in creating the output file. If you did have problems creating this file could you please describe them. Otherwise could you send the output file to us, so that we can analyze what the cause may be.

Thanks

Udaya Gunasena
Fusion Development
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report