Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 -> 2014 Material/Apperance Mapping

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
394 Views, 7 Replies

2012 -> 2014 Material/Apperance Mapping

I am reading up on what I have to do to sanely migrate our custom materials and color styles from 2012 to 2014. There is a post on the Being Inventive blog, http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2012/07/migrating-to-2013-materials-and-colors-tre..., that has links to two documents. One has the mapping that Inventor will follow from 2012 default materials to 2013 materials. The other has the 2012 default color styles to 2013 Appearances. Becuase of the migration away from Wikihelp those two documents are no longer accessable. And I do not see equivalents in the 2014 help. Can someone from Autodesk please put these documents somewhere I and others can access them, please.

The specific dead links:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/1310-Autodesk1310/1364-Fundamen1364/1443-Materia...

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/1310-Autodesk1310/1364-Fundamen1364/1443-Materia...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Here's a great document, material and apperances are the same for IV2013 and IV2014. If you have any custom Materials and or custom Appearances, just copy the library over to the new 2014 folder.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Hi Blair. Thanks but I have that document already (it is very helpful but does not answer all my questions).

Message 4 of 8
blair

Not sure what else you are trying to ask. The M & A libraries are the same for IV2013 and IV2014. If you have custom M & A that you created in IV2013, simply open the Library with the folder tool (very bottom of the Appearance or Material Browser).

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Please re-read thread title. I am going from 2012 to 2014.

Message 6 of 8
blair

Then you will need to Migrate your IV2012 libraries before you migrate your IPT, IAM and IDW's. The library M & A for IV2014 is the same as IV2013, which is why you won't find any documents specific to IV2014. Follow the procedure for IV2013 and you will be fine for IV2014.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
Then you will need to Migrate your IV2012 libraries before you migrate your IPT, IAM and IDW's. The library M & A for IV2014 is the same as IV2013,

I know. That is why I am looking for some documents from the 2013 Wikihelp. Problem is 2013 Wikihelp is not online anymore. Links are dead. Thus me asking someone from Autodesk to dig them up and post them. I don't understand how my original message was not clear about this.

Message 8 of 8
blair

ADSK and their web updates. Can you download the Online Help and have it locally: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/download-an...

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report