Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 switching to home view

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
361 Views, 3 Replies

2011 switching to home view

In 2011 they changed it so when you are extruding, for example, it
automatically changes the view to the home view. is there a way to shut this
feature off? I usually hit the extrude, revolve and such right while in the
sketch and I usually have the view set the way I can see what I need to.
This is just driving me crazy.

--
Scott
win xp 2002 sp3
xeon cpu 3.00 GHz
4 gig of ram
AutoCAD 2011
nvida quadro fx3500
Inventor 2011
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Bill_Bogan1
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Scott. I see this behavior ONLY when the sketch is normal to the display, but not if the sketch is ASKEW to the display. Can you confirm that the sketch is not normal to the display when this occurs. Meanwhile, I'll do a little investigation on whether or not this is an accessible setting.

For example, in the attached image, in the topmost image, I set the sketch face normal to the display and used the extrude command. The view reoriented for the command as shown in the second image. Finally, I purposely set the view to the angle displayed in the third image, then used the extrude command. The view did not reorient.

Thanks,

Bill Bogan | SME/Technical Writer | MFG LX | Autodesk, Inc.

Bill Bogan
Principal Content Experience Designer
CXD
PDMS-DiD-Digital Manufacturing
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
MF6685

I agree with Scott - Autodesk - this automatically changing view should be made as a option in the option settings.

I do 10,000 + part structural steel assy's, I frequently have to set-up views that must be exactly normal to the plane to perform multiple sketch operations.
It is frustrating when the view keeps changing when you don't want it to.

Scott, the only way around this is to hit the "previous view" command or F5... say 3-or five times slowly, and it will take you back to the initial view you require,

Regards,
Max.
Message 4 of 4
BMiller63

I agree that there should be an option for this, as well. I understand the reasoning behind it with the addtion of the in canvas tools, but it's realy disruptive in certain cases.

I also think the in canvas tools should have toggle as well, again there are times, particulary when working with a large assembly, when all of the extra tools are disruptive and slow down the system. A toggle would help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report