Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 Pack and Go

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AaronPollock
957 Views, 2 Replies

2011 Pack and Go

I’m having an issue when I do a pack and go on an assembly using Inventor 2011.  Is there a way to check to see if all of the linked files have been copied over to the new location?  This would include models and drawing files.  I have a Customer that we created a DVD for, and they are saying that they are not getting all of the files.  Currently I have been doing a pack and go to get the model files copied over to the new location.  Then I copy the drawing files over to the new location.  I didn’t see a way to include all of the drawing files when doing the pack and go for the model files.  I have the box checked to include drawing files, but it only seems to copy over the drawing files attached to the top level assembly and not any of the drawing files for the sub assemblies.

Is this the preferred method when doing a pack and go?  Or is there a better method?  Please let me know, this is getting frustrating.

Aaron

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
xxxr2050
in reply to: AaronPollock

Thank you for reporting this.

The main issue is drawing file. You can open Pack&Go dialog and click More button to see the additional options as shown below.

pack and go.jpg

You can specify the folders for searching, if the drawing files (*.idw) are found, there will be a dialog to allow you add them to pack.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Message 3 of 3
darren.stewart
in reply to: xxxr2050

I am having the same problem. I have done everything you suggested. The Pack and Go selects all of the model files and some of the idw's but not all. All the files are linked according to Vault. 

Any ideas?

ds

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report