Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 Context Menu Delay

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
karthur1
733 Views, 4 Replies

2011 Context Menu Delay

When I have an assembly open and I right click on a part, there is about a 4 to 5 second delay until I get the context menu. The second time that I right click on the same part, the menu comes up almost instantly.

Does not matter if it is a "large" or "small" assembly.  See the same lag.  Here is a link to a short video http://screencast.com/t/lfyZc3Xtzq

I have tried using different projects files and disabled the "Quick File Open" in app options.  Neither made any difference.

Hardware setting set to "Performance".  Using nvidia driver 257.21 and running a GTS 250 card.  I have the advantage sub pack #2 installed.

Very annoying and not something that I saw in 2010.

Any clues to why this is happening?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: karthur1

Repair Install fixed it.

Message 3 of 5
karthur1

That got the delay out, but now my vault brwoser is gone....(yes I am in a vault project).

To get the vault menu back, I had to do a Vault Repair Install.  Now the vault browser is back, but so is the delay......

Sounds like the problem is in the vault browser.  Any suggestions???

Message 4 of 5
jfpineau

I have the same problem on W7 64bits with Inventor 2011 SP2 + Vault 2011 SP2 :

When I have an assembly open and I right click on a part, there is about a 4 to 5 second delay until I get the context menu. The second time that I right click on the same part, the menu comes up almost instantly.

Of course, I'm using Vault Project.

When I disconnect on Vault, this problem disappears ???

I don't have this problem on the same vault server with a XP32 bits OS with Inventor 2011 SP2 + Vault 2011 SP2.

Have you got some ideas ?

Windows 7 x64 -

12 GB Ram

Xéon 3ghz

nVidia Quadro 2000

Inv R2011+Adv. Sub. Pack, SP2

Vault 2011 SP2

Message 5 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: jfpineau

Probably the best thing to do is issue a support request... That is, if you are on support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report