Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 Application menu not responding

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
mcgyvr
825 Views, 10 Replies

2010 Application menu not responding

Haven't figured out the trigger yet but after working in INV for a little while the "Application Menu" (used to be the File menu) does not respond to clicking on any buttons...

Flyouts work but when you press the actual button nothing happens..

All other ribbon bar buttons function properly. Simply closing INV and restarting fixes the problem temporarily

Any ideas??

INV2010 Windows XP32 Latest SP Edited by: mcgyvr on Mar 30, 2009 11:04 AM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mcgyvr
in reply to: mcgyvr

Little more information. Normally I have the ribbon bar set to "minimize to panel titles". Well after posting this and submitting a support request I changed that to the next setting and all the button clicks I did to the non-responsive Application menu were triggered causing the save/print/close,etc.. (all the 20 or so times I tried to click buttons on the application menu) dialogs to be triggered which then caused a crash to desktop with error report dialog.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 11
JimDill

I am having the same issue. It seem to get really slow to respond after changing my operating system for Vista 32-bit to Vista 64-bit. When trying to open a file there is often a long delay.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

What else did you change?

What are your machine specifications?

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified
Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified
Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
AIP 2008 SP3,
AIP 2009-SP1 PcCillin AV
AMD 64 x2 3.0 Ghz, 8GB RAM GeForce 9800GT 512MB

XP Pro SP3, Windows XP Silver Theme

href="http://teknigroup.com">http://teknigroup.com
Message 5 of 11
mconley

I am also having this problem.
Message 6 of 11
chucktaylor

I am having the problem (a long wait) with both; Open File in Inventor 2010, and in the operating system's file management software; Windows Explorer.

AI 2010,
ASUS Maximus II Formula motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80 GHz, 3 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro FX580
Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000GLFS
XP Pro SP 2
Message 7 of 11
acurran

We have a similar issue with Inventor 2010 crashing when we click on the application menu. The program only acts up when we apply a student microsoft policy to the user. Works fine when used without the policy. The policy includes removing the start menu and also the desktop. This policy worked fine for the previous version of Autocad products--including Inventor. Any guidance you can send my way to correct this issue?
Message 8 of 11
isogashi

Same in Win XP Proffesional x64 SP2.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.31 GHz, 3 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405 (i'm sure it's too low for Inventor 2010 x64)

despite trying Alt+F, without any file loaded. when open a file and click on app menu, it just ain't respond
Message 9 of 11
jaultman728

I am having a similar problem with my version of inventor 2010. When it load and opens up, the ribbons are shaking, and will not load the rest of the way and i have to start task manager and end the program to get out of it. I have restarted my computer multiple times and it still does it every time i open up the program. Is there an update to this program that i need to get or does anybody have any ideas on what to do about this?

Thanks,

Josh

Message 10 of 11
ampster402
in reply to: jaultman728

no mention of what service pack you have for 2010 - so I'd start there and update to the latest sp level.

The ribbon is also very graphic intensive so you may want to make sure your graphics driver is updated also.

HTH

Message 11 of 11
jaultman728

I just got a brand new computer for my work. It is a Dell Precision T1600 workstation. Windows 7, nvida graphics card, the works. But my autocad mechanical works perfect, and as im sure you know they both downloaded and installed at the same time on the inventor 2010 DVDs. I have run tests and made sure i didnt have a virus or anything on my computer and everything checked out fine. Its just Inventor. It was working yesterday perfectly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report