Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2009 Inventor PLEASE HELP!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jcox150
179 Views, 3 Replies

2009 Inventor PLEASE HELP!!

The company I work for is still on 2009 and refuses to upgrade to 2013 even though we have tried to tell them that by just 1 feature (changing view representation) would speed up productivity enough to greatly justify the upgrade cost. now they have gotten me a new computer (windows 7) thinking it will speed things up.... HA.. so Im stuck now with waiting 2-3 seconds to process commands like moving text, balloon, dimensions, etc. and to change anything significant??? might as well take a NAP..

Does anyone know of something i can do to help? roll back windows? anything?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cwhetten
in reply to: jcox150

For me, the latest new feature that has given the greatest improvement in productivity is iLogic.  It was introduced as a subsription benefit in 2010, then integrated in the standard product in 2011 (with some limitations), but received major improvements and full integration in 2012.

It is worth upgrading to at least 2012 for iLogic ALONE.  It takes some training to learn how to use it (any programming experience at all, though not required, will give you a great head start), but it is extremely powerful and well worth the learning curve.

I would suggest learning what iLogic is, how it works, and discover some of the ways it can improve your workflow.  My bet is that it can significantly improve your productivity.  Once you can see it, then you can make a great case for upgrade to your deciders.

Message 3 of 4
rhasell
in reply to: cwhetten

Replace Model Refence in IDW, saved me so much time.

New in 2013, ARC length dimension, no more angle and radius cals anymore. 🙂

iLogic Wow!, cannot quantify the time saved, plus the joy when you manage to write something that works.

the list continues.

Your biggest hurdle will be the UI, but personally, not an issue.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 4 of 4
sam_m
in reply to: jcox150

point out the simple fact that Iv2009 isn't meant to work fully on Win7 (dunno how well it does/doesn't but Iv2010 sp1 was first recommended release for Win7).  oh, and Autodesk no longer support Iv2009 too...

Really need to upgrade if you move to Win7 and it's crazy not to use any other OS at the moment (XP coming up to 11 years old in a couple months - in computing terms that's pretty ancient) - so, sadly it's a no-win situation, you're really going to need a new Iv version in the not too distant future...

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report