Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Unsolved constraints in an assembly...

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
468 Views, 4 Replies

2 Unsolved constraints in an assembly...

Hi everybody,

I have a strange problem with 2 constraints in an assembly (see attached picture).

If someone more experienced has few minutes to see it... I would greatly appreciate.

I've attached also the assembly files (the ZIP file).

Many thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rdyson
in reply to: Anonymous

Another reason to not use adaptivity!

Rebuild the shaft after deleting the adaptive work plane. Use symmetry about the origin.

PDSU 2016
Message 3 of 5
coreyparks

The surfaces planes that you have constrained to are not parrallel, the cut out on the shaft is cut through at an angle.  This is skewing the round plate so it will not match the bore as well.  Also the hole pattern in the shaft has the holes spaced more than 100mm apart.  Take a look at the attacked pics. 

While I use adaptivity a lot in my designes I control it with an irn fist and I never project from one part to another.  Cross part associations can be a huge nightmare when the foul up.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! I took a look at the files but unfortunately, they are in the state which is hard to trace back where the problem is from the beginning. I can give you a few tips on where to look for problems. Maybe they will help you unwind the issue.

From what I can see, the trouble is with Shaft.ipt. Open the part in its own window to see the problems clearly.

1. The distance between the holes is actually 100.34mm, not 100mm. The center points are horizontally constrained to two different reference points on projected loop2. I suspect one of the reference poitn moves due to change from other components. The two points are no longer aligned horizontally.

2. Edit Sketch2. You will see the two sick vertical projected edges and the horizontal line does not look horizontal. I suspect prior change in another component propagated to this sketch.

3. The sick Mate constraint might result from similar reasons.

Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: rdyson

Short answer but .. good!

The other 2 answers are more detailed, that's why I choosed them as solution, but your answer was also clear.

I'll rebuild the shaft from scratch to avoid any trouble.

Thanks everybody.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report