Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Quick Upgrade Questions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
166 Views, 3 Replies

2 Quick Upgrade Questions

I am planning on upgrading our Inventor Programs over the next day or 2, but I have 2 quick questions: 1) When I do Migration of my IV7 ipt, iam and idw - can I do just iam & idw or do I have to actually touch every file? 2) Has anyone that had NO problems with IV7 had any problems with IV8? Thanks, Gary Marzetti
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Use the migration utility and the rebuild all option in it. Start with the IPTs first, then the IAMs and the IPNs and IDWs last. If any parts fail (there is a migration log stored in the temp folder), fix them before proceeding. I migrated an entire project of about 850 files in just over 3 hours. There is one IDW issue that has a hotfix (posted in an earlier thread), apart from that I haven't run into anything. Gary_M wrote: > I am planning on upgrading our Inventor Programs over the next day or 2, but > I have 2 quick questions: > > 1) When I do Migration of my IV7 ipt, iam and idw - can I do just iam & idw > or do I have to actually touch every file? > > 2) Has anyone that had NO problems with IV7 had any problems with IV8? > > > Thanks, > Gary Marzetti > > -- Hal Gwin Mechanical Designer Xenogen W2K SP4 Dell Precision 650 Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon 1.5 GB DDR Quadro4 900 XGL nVidia 6.14.10.4472 w/registry update Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

One note to add, if you have any files larger then 1 mb, do those last. The larger the file the longer it'll take to migrate them. If the migration wizard starts to hang up, start up task manager and kill the process inventor.exe "Hal Gwin" wrote in message news:3fe71646$1_7@statler... > Use the migration utility and the rebuild all option in it. Start with > the IPTs first, then the IAMs and the IPNs and IDWs last. If any parts > fail (there is a migration log stored in the temp folder), fix them > before proceeding. I migrated an entire project of about 850 files in > just over 3 hours. > > There is one IDW issue that has a hotfix (posted in an earlier thread), > apart from that I haven't run into anything. > > > Gary_M wrote: > > I am planning on upgrading our Inventor Programs over the next day or 2, but > > I have 2 quick questions: > > > > 1) When I do Migration of my IV7 ipt, iam and idw - can I do just iam & idw > > or do I have to actually touch every file? > > > > 2) Has anyone that had NO problems with IV7 had any problems with IV8? > > > > > > Thanks, > > Gary Marzetti > > > > > > -- > Hal Gwin > Mechanical Designer > Xenogen > > W2K SP4 > Dell Precision 650 > Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon > 1.5 GB DDR > Quadro4 900 XGL > nVidia 6.14.10.4472 w/registry update > Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks, I loaded 1 PC with the new program and then let that convert everything while I was loading the other PC's. Everything went fine. Thanks again, Gary Marzetti

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report