Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong with my model that was created solely in Autodesk Inventor Fusion?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mailswamp
1004 Views, 4 Replies

What is wrong with my model that was created solely in Autodesk Inventor Fusion?

I started working on a product prototype in Autodesk Inventor Fusion.

However I started getting error messages that prevent me from developing this model any further and forcing me to look for other software to do the job.

I am not sure what went wrong. I cannot shell any new parts I create. I am not sure how to make things independant components either.

The error message is depicted in the .jpg file.

Here are some files from the design process that I tried to undertake:

I am not an Autodesk Inventor Fusion professional but as I underrstand, the original intent was to create an easy to learn 3D editor. It is very intuitive but why isthis happening?

Also Autodesk Inventor Pro doesnt want to open .dwg files so it is very hard to work around issuae like this using Autodesk Inventor Pro.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi mailswamp,

Thanks your question!

The first question: Cannot Shell any new parts.

Answer: When create new part here, on same component or directly on root component. The new part and the old part is thought to be a same body. It means they are same part, although they are two lumps. As the old part is very thin, it has been done Shell before, it cannot be shell again on the very thin part, then the error pops up

So you can try to create new part on a new component and try to shell.

If it still cannot work, please reply me again, thanks

Second question: Cannot open Fusion dwg file using Autodesk Inventor Pro.

Answer: As AutoCAD file format is dwg. if using Inventor to open dwg file, it will open the file as sketch. So there is another way to open Fusion 3D dwg file.

STEP: 1. Click Open

2. Select the dwg file

3. Click Options

4. Select Import

5. Click OK

Attach a Screenshot to show it.

You can have a try, if you have other question, please reply me.

-Cathy Wang

Autodesk, Inc

(Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question)

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5

Maybe that is the reason - the main (big) part is a shelled part.

However Solidworks would let a user do this. I think that even Google Sketchup allowed for this.

Google Sketchup is what used to be in the same market nitche Autodesk Inventor Fusion is in now.

Also Autodesk Inventor Fusion runs slower than Solidworks on the same machine. Is there a way to reduce the quality of graphics while the object is being designed?

Well

Anyways

Thank you for your time

Message 4 of 5

Thanks your reply!

About the performance question. There are some option to improve it.

They are on Tab View->Effect, you can try check of the effect to improve the performance. And check on the option "Adaptive Performance" to improve. Please the attached screenshot.

Thanks

-Cathy Wang

Autodesk, Inc

(Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question)

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5

We have a new relase Fusion product TP1. It's for MAC OS. It can solve your first question well and the performance is much better.

you can have a try. http://labs.autodesk.com/technologies/fusion/downloadform

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report