Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the difference between Inventor and Inventor Fusion

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
jz4all
43783 Views, 14 Replies

what is the difference between Inventor and Inventor Fusion

Hi

Short time ago I got update to my AutoCAD from 2010 to 2013. I got within the paket (Inventor fusion).
I did never use Inventor. I would like to know what is the difference between Inventor and Inventor Fusion?

Can somebody explain that to me or give me a link where I can find the good answer?

thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Phil.E
in reply to: jz4all

Check out this page, there are product descriptions for Inventor and Inventor Fusion here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/autodesk-inventor/

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 15
FProcp

Let's see what the new updated "FUSION 360" has to offer.

The big question is:

Will Fusion ever replace Inventor??

Right now (before 360) it is pretty weak software, can't do anything too major on it. For that you need to model in Inventor. Inventor has features like iParts, Frame-Generator, Welding, Part-Assembly-Management, Surfacing, 2D Drawing Creation and many many other extra (necessary) features. Inventor is much more powerful and capable.

Will Fusion ever get to that level of capability and Inventor can be put aside?

Franco
GMT +08:00
Message 4 of 15
Phil.E
in reply to: FProcp

The purpose of Fusion 360 is not to replace Inventor. There are things that Inventor can do that Fusion 360 cannot, and vice versa. As a designer I would use both tools as needed and take advantage of the strength of each to maximum advantage.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 15
glendyntedmorgan
in reply to: Phil.E

Hi I am trying to learn Fusion and am enjoying its potential so far, I used to love inventor. I would lile to create 2D Drawings from my fusion model. Is this possibel? do I need to use Fusion 360 instead?? If Fusion can do this it will be great. Thanks Glen

Message 6 of 15

Fusion 360 will get the ability to make drawings later this year. Please send me and email and we will add you to the current Fusion 360 beta.

Email me at kevin dot schneider at autodesk dot com

Kevin Schneider
Message 7 of 15
sabaholunca

hi there.
is it possible, modelling parts in inventor fusion and assembling in inventor professional (both 2012)?

i want to model and simulate machines like elevator (or submarine 😃

i download inventor in 2012 (first year of school) as a student.

im still student (second grade) and i just started.

sincerely see ya

Message 8 of 15
Phil.E
in reply to: sabaholunca

Yes this is certainly possible. However, it's much easier to keep all the work, modeling and assembling, in Inventor for what you want to do.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 15
ejoyner

What is the Mac version of Inventor called?  I've always used Inventor on PC but our school just made the switch.

Thanks,

erj

Message 10 of 15
glendyntedmorgan
in reply to: ejoyner

Fusion is the Mac App store version and work ok. It can't do all the layout that inventor comes but I read something the other day that said its going that way soon which is nice. You can model easily enough and also export to print on 3d printer. 

Message 11 of 15
Phil.E
in reply to: ejoyner

The program you want is Fusion 360, it works natively on Mac and Windows. http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/overview

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 15
nancyfareed

i have to work on inventor , so i need mac version for inventor and all i find for windows only , help please ..

Message 13 of 15
Phil.E
in reply to: nancyfareed

Sorry but there is no Mac version of Inventor. You will have to use Parallels or Bootcamp to work with Inventor on a Mac.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 15
nancyfareed

could you please tell me how to use parallel or boot camp to install it ..
Message 15 of 15
Phil.E
in reply to: nancyfareed

I'm sorry but no. These are not Autodesk products and I know very little about them. From what I've seen, it should be as easy as purchasing and installing any software.

The makers of Parallels and Bootcamp can help you. Here are their web sites:

http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

https://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

Thanks,

Phil

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report