Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Nub - Need Help - Converting an assembled object to exploded view

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Leemo75
588 Views, 3 Replies

Total Nub - Need Help - Converting an assembled object to exploded view

i've just d/l the new Inventor Fusion 2013 Preview, but am not familar with 3d modeling at all.  I  need help converting an assembled part (in stp format from a supplier) to an exploded view.  I would be extremely grateful if i could send someone the file to manipulate into exploded view diagram.  Thanks so much if anyone out there is willing to help me.  [contact:  L(dot)mocon(at)delcan(dot)com  ]

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Leemo75

Just a screen capture or do you mean a 2D drawing exploded view?

also see this thread http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Fusion/How-to-print-schematic-Mac/td-p/3450766

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Leemo75
in reply to: JDMather

I am trying to turn a 3d solid model into a 2D exploed line drawing, in an effort to create an illustration for an illustrated parts catalog. Please consider the environment before printing this email. ____ This communication may contain information that is confidential, privileged or subject to copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments immediately without reading, copying or forwarding to others.
Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Leemo75

If the technique in the linked discussion won't get what you need then you will need the full Autodesk Inventor rather than the free Inventor Fusion.  The full Inventor as complete 2D documentation environment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report