Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech Preview 2 crashes

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Mid-State
962 Views, 6 Replies

Tech Preview 2 crashes

I installed the tech preview 2 on my laptop running Win 7 Ultimate and had no troubles. I installed same on my desktop at work running Win XP Pro SP3 and it installs fine, but after the requisite restart, Fusion can't get past the splash screen. Any suggestions? Anyone else hitting this same wall? I have tried uninstall and reinstall.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mbenoy
in reply to: Mid-State

Exact same thing here. I actually see the Fusion graphics window after the splash screen but only for a few seconds before the crash.
Michael Benoy
Designer
Scott Safety

Inventor 2013 Pro, Windows 7, 64bit
Intel® Xeon® Processor W3580 (8M Cache, 3.33 GHz)
12 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800
Message 3 of 7

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this.Could you please check your Graphics Card capability of your machines where you encountered problems following the information below?The info is in the readme:
Graphics Card
 We recommend that you use a certified graphics card. See the Autodesk Inventor graphics cards and drivers. This site also includes useful information that was not available at the time this document was written.
 Inventor Fusion TP2 requires a minimum capability of Pixel Shader 2.0 and Vertex Shader 2.0. As a guideline, the following graphics card supports Pixel Shader 2.0 and Vertex Shader 2.0.
NVIDIA AMD(ATI) Intel
GeForce FX series 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 Radeon after 9500 GMA X3000 or higher
GeForce GT and GTX Radeon X
Quadro FX (all models) FireGL X and V (all models)
Quadro NVS after 280 FirePro (all models)
 We recommend that you don't turn on the Effects if you are using low end graphic hardware. Below are the minimum requirements for the three effects.
Effects Effect Level
Shadow Shader Model 2.0
Silhouette Shader Model 2.0, SM 3.0 would be better
Ambient occlusion Shader Model 3.0
Testing your Graphics Card Capabilities
1. In your Inventor Fusion Install directory ("C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor Fusion Technology Preview 2" or the equivalent on your machine), you will find a Graphics Capabilities Application "AdskDiagOutput.exe".
2. Open a command prompt (Start Menu-> Run> cmd) and navigate to this folder. Type "AdskDiagOutput > out.txt" and press enter. The program will run and produce an output file (out.txt or any other name you choose).
3. Open the output file. The entry will look something like this:
Autodesk System and Graphics Device Information Reporting Tool

System Information:
Operating System: 32-bit Windows Vista? Business (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205)
Language: English(Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Precision M70
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.86GHz (1 processor, 1 core)
System Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 1022MB used, 1279MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386
DirectX Version: 10.0

Graphics Device Information:
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: Quadro FX Go1400
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Graphics HW Memory: 256 MB
Display Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)
VendorID: 0x10DE
DeviceID: 0x00CC
SubSystemID: 0x019B1028
RevisionID: 0x00A2
Graphics driver file: nvd3dum.dll,nvapi.dll
Driver file version: 7.15.10.9746
Driver Date: 8 December 2006 12:25:00 UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)
DDI Version: 9Ex
WHQL Level: False

Autodesk Graphics Feature Level:
Feature Level: 3_1
 The last line "Feature Level" will tell you what level of Graphics support your card offers Inventor Fusion.
 If the value is less than 2_0, then Inventor Fusion may not work well or at all on your machine. If you find any graphical defects, they may not be addressed by the Inventor Fusion Development Team.
 If the value is 2_0, Inventor Fusion will work on your machine but the "Ambient Occlusion" effect will not work. If you turn the effect on, you will see no change to your image.
 If the value is 3_0 or higher, all effects used by inventor Fusion are supported on your machine.
 In case you have any issues with your graphics card, and you believe the graphics card meets the requirements, please email the above text file along with a description of your problem to labs.iv.fusion@autodesk.com. You may be contacted by a member of our team and asked to provide further information like screenshots, sample files etc. in order to help fix the issue.
Please let us know what you find.Inventor Fusion has certain graphics card requirements that are not met by a generic driver. If possible, you should either install a graphics card driver from the manufacturer of your graphics card, or you should try to install Inventor Fusion on a different machine.

Thanks,

-Huan
(Inventor Fusion QA)
Message 4 of 7
Mid-State

Sorry for the delay in responding. Been in and out of the office lately. Anyway, tried IFTP2 this morning from a fresh install and I was able to get to the splash screen before the crash. I am running Inventor Pro 2010 on this machine with no troubles whatsoever. Been running into a few unique opportunities as of late where Fusion would have been the weapon of choice to try in a production design environment. Hopefully we can make it work, or perhaps Preview 3 is close...
Message 5 of 7

Hello,

Thanks for the information.
From the out.txt file you attached, there is no info of driver file version. I would suggest to download and install a latest Graphics Device driver.Please let us know how that works.

Thanks,

-Huan
Message 6 of 7
Mid-State

This nvidia quadro driver was installed less than 30 days ago from nvidia's website with the relevant autodesk performance drivers. Driver version 191.66 and AutoCAD performance driver version 18.0.1.
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for the reply.
Could you please send the customer error report to us for investigation if you have not yet done so?
I mean filling in necessary info in the Autodesk Inventor Fusion Error Report dialog you see after Fusion crash and clicking "send report".

Thanks,

-Huan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report