Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface won't render in file. Possibly Corrupt. Need help salvaging!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
vdubturbo
371 Views, 1 Reply

Surface won't render in file. Possibly Corrupt. Need help salvaging!

Hi all,

Last night I designed the attached part. I saved it several times throughout the process and one last time before I decided to add threads to one of the cylinders. During the process of adding threads Fusion crashed hard. When I relaunched Fusion and re-opened the file, it seemed to have all of its features, but wouldn't render a surface. I tried exporting to .stl or other formats and that subsequently crashed Fusion as well. 

I tried redesigning the part a second time but I'm not able to replicate some of the curves as accurately as I did the first time, so I'm really interested in salvaging the original file. Is there anyone who can take a look and see if I have any options? Is there any way to extract the feature information (fillet order, radii, etc..)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This part is the front of my assembly and the "look" is very important to me. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Phil.E
in reply to: vdubturbo

This file is corrupted with no recovery. This is a known problem with Inventor Fusion for Mac. There will be no further development for this app, it's been replaced by Fusion 360 (this problem is long gone in F360).

Have you considered Fusion 360?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report