Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snaps, the Inventor/Fusion way

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JWPepper
1503 Views, 3 Replies

Snaps, the Inventor/Fusion way

I am new to Fusion & have never used Inventor so excuse some basic questions (I have searched the wikihelp), I am struggling to move from Autocad mode to Inventor/Fusion mode with some basic commands/processes my biggest problem is the lack of snap points to relate basic setting out from.

Move that basic of commands is also difficult when you cannot pick a base point on an object to grab or a snap point to move to. Sketch geometry is the way I think but I still cannot move a solid from a useful point (i.e. centre) to move it to a sketch point?

I am also frustrated by the fact I can create work points/axis from solid data (see attached jpeg) but cannot use them points to snap onto! it is somewhat frustrating but obv I just need to learn the new skill set for this software.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JWPepper
in reply to: JWPepper

managed to snap to the workpoint, not sure how but starting a new sketch plane seemed to work, still cannot use move/triad with any use though

Message 3 of 4
Phil.E

To position components:

Have you tried using the Assemble command? (Home tab> Constrain & Dimension panel)

Regards,

Phil Eichmiller

Autodesk, Inc.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4
JWPepper

Yes, I have used it - previously I was trying to use assemble on items that were part of the original solid before I found that I had to create separate items as new components (I thought by default new items created would be separate & not part of the original solid)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report