Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon Displaying on Secondary Display

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JReese-NC
1706 Views, 4 Replies

Ribbon Displaying on Secondary Display

I just installed the latest version of Autodesk Inventor Fusion (2013) (2.0.0.206) (64bit) and since first launch the Ribbon is displaying on my secondary display while the application appears on my primary display. Well kind of anyway - the Ribbon tab titles appear on the main display in the application window but the Ribbon components display on the secondary. See the attached screenshot. My secondary display is to my left so the left of the screenshot is my secondary while the right is my primary.

I don't see any way to move the Ribbon back to primary display other than dragging parts of it but maybe I am missing something. I have only used Inventor Fusion a few times - mainly use it to generate 2D items for use in ACADE.

Any help or info? Not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

-----
JReese
Dell Precision T1600
Xeon E31245, 16GB RAM, Quadro 400
Windows 10 Professional 64bit
Autocad Electrical 2018 64bit
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
schneik-adsk
in reply to: JReese-NC

This is a known issue. We apologize. If you take Inventor Fusion out of full screen/maximized window mode the problem will go away. 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue.

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 5
pcetnar
in reply to: JReese-NC

I have a customer who is also running into this issue.  Do you expect a hotfix or SP to be released for Fusion?

Message 4 of 5
illincrux
in reply to: schneik-adsk

I'm also having the same issue on my PC.

It's very frustrating since my main display is a 40" led hdtv that connects through the hdmi port which is automaticly detected as a secondary monitor no matter what the physical port configuration is. So I have to manually set it as the main display through the display options in Windows.

I hope this is resolved soon.

Thanks.

[update]

The only solution that I have found is to manually drag the corners of the window as close as possible to the corners of the screen without maximizing it completely.

I hope this helps others. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
codywohlers
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Any update on this?  

(Just got an upgraded laptop at work and was about to chase down the IT dept until I found this thread.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report