Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Real" cost of Inventor Fusion?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
android111
6206 Views, 8 Replies

"Real" cost of Inventor Fusion?

Hi all-

Just tried out the demo on OSX and it seems pretty good.

However, I noticed that the Windows version expires, whereas the Mac version doesn't.

I didn't look further into that, but did try to find any hint as to how much it may eventually cost, if anything. I didn't find any info other than that it's free right now.

Is there any "official" statement/release from Autodesk?

While it's fun to use, I don't want to dedicate time learning a program I may be priced out of.

thanks,

Andrew

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for you to use Fusion.

You can download the lastest Version of Fusion, if the version in your side is expired.

http://labs.autodesk.com/technologies/fusion/downloadform

Thanks

Cathy

Autodesk, Inc

(Please make this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.)

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
android111
in reply to: android111

I'm sorry Cathy, I don't think you understand my question.

Message 4 of 9

Yeah. I'm sorry. I know nothing about the "Real" cost of Fusion.

Thanks

Cathy

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 9

Ok then...

Anyone else?

This forum is awfully quiet.

Also, for whoever did the interface here: "Accept as solution" is too close to the reply button.

Message 6 of 9
JDMather

@android111 wrote:

Ok then...

Anyone else?

Autodesk never releases future business plan statements.  But as long as other companies offer direct modelers for free I would expect Inventor Fusion to be free.  I would wager there will be a free version beyond the license expiration of the version you cite.

You might look at the cost of Inventor LT if you are price sensitive.

http://store.autodesk.com/store/adskus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.23155600/productID.243472200

If you are a student you can get Autodesk products for free  3-yr learning license at http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
android111
in reply to: JDMather

With all due respect, I'm looking for a statement from Autodesk (wherever that may be... apparently not anywhere, yet?) that provides some assurance that the free version of this software is not simply being used as a "hook" to get interested parties to invest the time to learn it, only to pop up a surprise $499 cost for the "non expiring" version.

As the saying goes, silence can be deafening, and I can't help but feel this is a beta test.

I do feel the program is an excellent introduction to the rest of the line, but would like to know where it's going.

Now, while this may seem a little anxious, greedy, whatever, on my part, think of it in terms of how this process is perceived by investors. So long as company resources are being expended, shareholders do, indeed, have a right to know the goal of goods or services.

Message 8 of 9
schneik-adsk

We do not have projected pricing. 

If we did we would be happy to share.

Kevin Schneider
Message 9 of 9
android111
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Thanks for the note, Kevin.

Ok, let me rephrase the question:

How would you describe the scope and purpose (goal) of Inventor Fusion to your shareholders?

I've read the release here.

cheers,

Andrew

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report