Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems about printing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
thehaze
432 Views, 2 Replies

Problems about printing

Hi!

I'm doing a project for a ski, I've been able to make it in 3d, but right now I would like to solve a little problem: 

You all know a ski, it has the tip and tail bend upwards, so if i draw an outlines for i.e. an 185cm long ski, when I'm going to press it (and bend it) I'll to loose some of that lenght, it will come out shorter than 185.

SO, my question is, since I've the 3D output of the 185 because I've drew it, pu**** up and then cut it with the side profile, can I have a profile of what the base outline from the 3D should be?

Hope that's clear enough.:)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
thehaze
in reply to: thehaze

Anyone?
I've seen only today that "pu**** up" I don't know why it come out like this, but it was a "push it up" aka extrude it

So what i need to do is a projection of a selected area from a curved solid, but it's not a classic projection: try to think at an orange, if I do a projection the lines are gonna be right were the orange is, what i need to do is something like peeling off the orange and lay it down.

Message 3 of 3
thehaze
in reply to: thehaze

Can someone please tell me at least if the request is clear enough?
English isn't my first language so I'm afraid that I wasn't expressing myself good enough...so even if you don't know how to do what I'm asking, please tell me if you did understand what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report