Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor graphics performance compared to Inventor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
whunter
1053 Views, 2 Replies

Poor graphics performance compared to Inventor

Hi all -- Can someone please confirm (and perhaps also explain) why Fusion's graphics performance (rotating, zooming, selecting, panning, etc) is so much slower than vanilla Inventor? Is this expected? How can one improve it? I have an entry level Quadro graphics card (FX 570). William
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
schneik-adsk
in reply to: whunter

Yes, it is true that Inventor's graphics are faster.  Inventor Fusion has not had as much time to tune for performance as Inventor has. It also is using different technology and so transferring everything that Inventor has learned over is not as easy as it might seem.  We are working hard to improve performance.

For now my suggestion is to go to the view tab.

For effects:

turn off Ambient Occ.

Turn off Floor Reflection.

Turn off Anti-Aliasing.

Try switching the adaptive degradation performance option. See which setting feels faster to you.

Under the user interface options:

Turn off transparency.

Hope this helps ( if so please mark this thread answered ).

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 3

Hi!

Is there any news on an update to help speed up the graphics?

I have tried your suggestions but my machine is struggling too much for me to use Fusion - my machine zips easily in Inventor, but Fusion is just way too slow to use.  I would love to use Fusion but can't if it's slow.

I hopr you have good news!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report