Inventor Fusion

Mentor
whunter
Message 1 of 3 (630 Views)
Accepted Solution

Poor graphics performance compared to Inventor

630 Views, 2 Replies
02-24-2012 02:32 AM
Hi all -- Can someone please confirm (and perhaps also explain) why Fusion's graphics performance (rotating, zooming, selecting, panning, etc) is so much slower than vanilla Inventor? Is this expected? How can one improve it? I have an entry level Quadro graphics card (FX 570). William

Yes, it is true that Inventor's graphics are faster.  Inventor Fusion has not had as much time to tune for performance as Inventor has. It also is using different technology and so transferring everything that Inventor has learned over is not as easy as it might seem.  We are working hard to improve performance.

For now my suggestion is to go to the view tab.

For effects:

turn off Ambient Occ.

Turn off Floor Reflection.

Turn off Anti-Aliasing.

Try switching the adaptive degradation performance option. See which setting feels faster to you.

Under the user interface options:

Turn off transparency.

Hope this helps ( if so please mark this thread answered ).

Board Manager
schneik
Message 2 of 3 (613 Views)

Re: Poor graphics performance compared to Inventor

02-26-2012 11:17 AM in reply to: whunter

Yes, it is true that Inventor's graphics are faster.  Inventor Fusion has not had as much time to tune for performance as Inventor has. It also is using different technology and so transferring everything that Inventor has learned over is not as easy as it might seem.  We are working hard to improve performance.

For now my suggestion is to go to the view tab.

For effects:

turn off Ambient Occ.

Turn off Floor Reflection.

Turn off Anti-Aliasing.

Try switching the adaptive degradation performance option. See which setting feels faster to you.

Under the user interface options:

Turn off transparency.

Hope this helps ( if so please mark this thread answered ).

Kevin Schneider

13" Macbook Pro Retina - OSX 10.10.1 in Portland, Oregon

JorgGoldmann1754
Message 3 of 3 (395 Views)

Re: Poor graphics performance compared to Inventor

10-04-2012 08:49 AM in reply to: schneik

Hi!

Is there any news on an update to help speed up the graphics?

I have tried your suggestions but my machine is struggling too much for me to use Fusion - my machine zips easily in Inventor, but Fusion is just way too slow to use.  I would love to use Fusion but can't if it's slow.

I hopr you have good news!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.