Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oval offset not working?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mixnmatch
1643 Views, 3 Replies

Oval offset not working?

I'm fairly new to Inventor Fusion, so maybe I'm just not doing this correctly, but sketch oval offsets don't seem to be working in build 576.1.0 of Inventor Fusion Technology for Mac. I can get ellipse offsets to work (with the nearest axis highlighting), but curve-equidistant offsets (i.e. 'oval offsets' as per the manual) don't seem available- with the 'offset' command active, I'm not able to click on any point of the elliptical curve that is not near an axis. Both the Wiki and manual indicate this should be possible.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: mixnmatch

Does it work in Fusion 360?

http://labs.blogs.com/its_alive_in_the_lab/2013/03/inventor-fusion-technology-preview-graduates-to-a...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mixnmatch
in reply to: JDMather

Yes, it does work in Fusion 360! Though I've noticed Fusion 360 does this odd 'pinching' of an inset oval (just on one side of the major axis), once you approach the inset limit.

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 4
CAD-One
in reply to: mixnmatch

rmb enable loop select & then try offset. it should work.

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report