Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

origin data within the .stp file visible within the converted .dwg or .dxf file?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tmcmahon
773 Views, 4 Replies

origin data within the .stp file visible within the converted .dwg or .dxf file?

Is there any hidden data (or text) or embedded orgin data in the .stp file that would be present? If there is any of this data, when the file is converted to either a .dxf or .dwg file, would that hidden data have been converted? I need to make sure that there wouldn't be any of this data present, how can I do that?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SallyYang
in reply to: tmcmahon

We will convert all data(including hidden data) to Inventor Fusion and there is no way to hide them automatically. Thank for you requirements, we will consider it in future releases.

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
tmcmahon
in reply to: SallyYang

Hello Sally,

Thank you for assisting me with my issue. Can you tell me how to manually edit any origin data or manually edit any hidden files within the original .STP file so that when I convert it to a .DWG, no origin data is present?

Secondly, whenever I have looked at a .DXF file or CAD file, there is always a template that shows measurement data, tolerance data, usually a company stamp, and other pertinent data to the drawing. However, in viewing the .STP file, all I see is a 3D image and nothing else. I don’t see any measurements or figures or anything that is usually visible in a standard CAD file. I know that normally the CAD file has all of this data (regardless if it is visible or not), but I don't know if the .STP file is converted to a .DWG file (or .DXF file) that it still has the measurement data. Basically, is there any way to view this data from .STP>.DWG>.DXF?

Your assistance is appreciated.

Message 4 of 5
SallyYang

There is no other way but delete/invisible these hidden objects manually. I apologize for that as it's really cost a lot of time to do these. However, we hope to make some improvement in this area in future releases.

For second question, I believe the measurement data will be kept.

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
schneik-adsk

I suspect that the DXF files you get are 2D drawings. Most STEP files are 3D parts and assemblies.

Kevin Schneider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report