Inventor Fusion

Contributor
mikew
Message 1 of 3 (250 Views)

only dwg file type?

250 Views, 2 Replies
06-25-2009 09:57 AM
is there a way to save to an ipt? or iam? also (and i know this is a beta type thing, dont mean to expect too much) when i opened an existing ipt none of the original features were available. have i got something set up wrong?

thanks,
Mike
Board Manager
Jon.Balgley
Message 2 of 3 (250 Views)

Re: only dwg file type?

06-25-2009 01:59 PM in reply to: mikew
While you cannot save to an IPT or IAM, you can save to a few other file types besides DWG. Use the "SaveAs" command, and select the desired file type. These other formats only include the geometry, not dimensions, constraints, etc.

Also try the "Find Features" command (first pick the Body1 node in the Browser).

--Jon Balgley (Autodesk)

Jon Balgley
Autodesk Configurator 360 / Inventor ETO team
Autodesk, Inc.
Employee
jeff.strater
Message 3 of 3 (250 Views)

Re: only dwg file type?

06-26-2009 06:19 AM in reply to: mikew
Just to clarify a bit further. DWG is Fusion's native file format. Fusion can import Inventor ipt and iam files, but that is an import operation only. Because Fusion is not a parametric history-based modeler, it is not able to write full Inventor part or assemblies.

Thanks,

Jeff Strater (Fusion developer)
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!