Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Autodesk Simulation CFD under simulation tab

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
alex.littleton
2289 Views, 11 Replies

No Autodesk Simulation CFD under simulation tab

I have just installed Inventor Fusion 2013 and Autodesk Simulator CFD 2013. On one of the tutorial videos it was showing a link from Invintor fusion to simulator. How do i get that icon? I have looked around and can't find any instructions on how to do it or if it is supposed to come with the program. If you you tell me how to make this work i would appriciate it, thanks.

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

1. Close Simulation CFD 2013 and Fusion 2013
  2. In Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2013
  3. Run SimCFDConfig.exe
  4. Click Next
  5. Make sure Fusion 2013 is Checked
  6. Click Next and Finish
  7. Launch Fusion 2013, launcher should be visible.

If launcher not visible, please attach C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2013\SimCFDConfig.log to your forum reply.

Scott Werner
SQA Engineer
Digital Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 12

I'm having a similar issue.  I made the mistake of installing Simulation CFD 2016 first, then Autodesk Inventor Pro 2016 (Student edition).  After loading one of the demo CAD models into Inventor, I couldn't find the launcher button.  After reading a bit of info, realised I didn't have a simulation tab on the Inventor toolbar.  After a bit more searching, I came across this thread, and did as this reply suggested (the config exe is just called CFDConfig now).

After launching the configuration wizard, the second step prompted which CAD packages to add the CFD launcher.  There was a list of greyed-out CAD packages, except for Inventor 2016 which was enabled and had the box checked.  I clicked next, and the configuration process continued and appeared to complete successfully.  I opened Inventor and imported a CAD model, but still no launcher.  I tried running the config wizard again, tried rebooting, all to no avail.  Any advice?  Alas, there doesn't appear to be a .log file generated as your suggestion asks for. 

Additional info which might be relevant; I've installed Inventor and Simulation CFD on a Bootcamp partition on an iMac machine. (This raises a seperate question; any plans for a Mac-native version of these two packages anytime soon?)

Message 4 of 12

Can you try right clicking on CFDConfig.exe and selecting Run as Administrator? This should configure the CAD launcher and create a CFDConfig.log.
Scott Werner
SQA Engineer
Digital Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 12

That did the trick! Thanks for your help.
Message 6 of 12
saul_boy10
in reply to: scott.werner

i have a similar problem with this. i went to the simCFDconfig.exe but when i tried to instal it in autodesk inventor i can´t mark the box, imagen attached. help please

Message 7 of 12
scott.werner
in reply to: saul_boy10

1. What year/version of Inventor are you using? Autodesk Simulation CFD 2015 only supports Autodesk Inventor: 2016, 2015, 2014.
  2. Can you run SimCFDConfig.exe and attach "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2015\SimCFDConfig.log".

Possible Workaround

1. Close Inventor
  2. Open command prompt as Admin and run the following.
  3. > regsvr32 -u -s C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2015\Launchers\Inventor\SimCFD_2015_Inventor.dll
    > regsvr32 -s C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Simulation CFD 2015\Launchers\Inventor\SimCFD_2015_Inventor.dll
  4. Start menu: Programs > Autodesk > Autodesk Inventor [version] > Tools > Add-In Manager.
  5. Applications: Select Simulation CFD 2015 and verify that Load Automatically is enabled.
Scott Werner
SQA Engineer
Digital Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 12
saul_boy10

Hi, i´m using 2016 version.

i already have run in the command prompt and nothing. I attach the SimCFDConfig.log

Thank you for your help. 

Message 9 of 12
scott.werner
in reply to: saul_boy10

I made a mistake on the supported CAD list. Autodesk Simulation CFD 2015 does not support Inventor 2016. Support was introduced in Autodesk CFD 2016. 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Simulation-CFD-Supported-...

Autodesk Simulation CFD 2015

CAD Launchers - Required respective CAD Package

Autodesk Inventor: 2015, 2014, 2013

SimCFDConfig.log: No inventor version found.

[15:17:31] mar 6. oct 15:17:31 2015    0 Searching for CAD Packages
[15:17:32] mar 6. oct 15:17:32 2015    0 Inventor lastversionrun=
[15:17:32] mar 6. oct 15:17:32 2015    0 Found Inventor=0
Scott Werner
SQA Engineer
Digital Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 12

Saul_boy

You are running Simulation CFD 2015. This is shown in your log file that you attached.

CFD 2015 does not support Inventorr 2016.

If you update to CFD 2016 you will be able to get the launcher for Inventor 2016

Message 11 of 12
saul_boy10

Thank you very much.

i´ll try with cfd motion 2016.

Message 12 of 12

Thank you very much.

i´ll try with cfd motion 2016.

regards from El Salvador C.A.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report