Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Autodesk Inventor Fusion is now available!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
schneik-adsk
2005 Views, 6 Replies

New Autodesk Inventor Fusion is now available!

We are proud to announce Autodesk Inventor Fusion Technology Preview 3 has released!

The Autodesk Inventor Fusion Technology Preview showcases intuitive direct manipulation capabilities for unrivaled ease of use, provides direct modeling for rapid design changes without limitations, and unites direct and parametric workflows within a single digital model created in Autodesk Inventor.

This updated technology preview of Inventor Fusion offers two new exciting capabilities that are sure to excite you:

Direct Modeling

Edit data imported into Autodesk Inventor with ease. Inventor Fusion can be automatically launched with Inventor imported models. Powerful tools allow these designs to be intelligently edited. Add, remove and change the shape a to complete the needed modifications.

Once finished the changes automatically appear to the Inventor model, maintaining associativity and drawings! This unique capability provides our customers the tools to work with 3D data no matter where it is from better than any other solution out there today!

Unite Direct and Parametric Workflows

With the Inventor Fusion Technology Preview, both direct, history-free and parametric, history-based workflows are united. The unique fusion of capabilities enables you to adopt the modeling approach that is most appropriate for the task at hand. Inventor Fusion change manager functionality delivers:

• The freedom of direct modeling with the ability to exercise control over change

• Automatic creation, deletion or modification of features necessary to accommodate changes

• Automatic update of a parametric model's feature history with each change, ensuring critical design intent is maintained

Inventor Fusion is fully interoperable with Autodesk Inventor software, enabling you to choose the modeling approach that is right for the task at hand.

A sample from the list of the more than 150 changes driven directly by our customer's feedback for TP3

Autodesk Inventor Interoperability:

• Using Inventor Fusion to open Inventor data automatically creates Fusion features matching Inventor features.

• Fusion can be used as a base solid editing environment with Inventor 2011 or later.

• In Inventor 2011, the import of Fusion DWG creates an Inventor assembly with a correct assembly structure.

• Inventor Change Manager add-in now supports improved mapping of Inventor Fusion changes to Inventor native data, including the ability to create change manager treatments using Inventor 2011 Move face/Offset face features.

• Inventor Change Manager add-in now supports accepting changes in the graphics window.

• Inventor Change Manager now offers a log that records all changes to the design

Inventor Fusion and Autodesk Algor Integration:

• Push Inventor Fusion models into the Algor Simulation

• Update the Algor model after Fusion modeling edits.

Inventor Fusion and Autodesk Vault Integration:

• Inventor Fusion TP3 includes a Vault add-in.

• The ribbon in Inventor Fusion Vault Add-In now provides the commands Log In, Log Out, Open, Refresh, Check In, Check Out, Undo Check Out, Go To Workspace, and Go To Vault.

• A file status icon displays beside the root document node in the Browser after logging in Vault Server.

Patent Pending Adaptive Snap Bar Improvements:

• Rework of snap increments to be based on a fixed discrete value scale.

• Snap bar snap set to a reasonable value by default.

• New unit types added with improved snap increments.

• Drag with adaptive snap enabled uses magnetic zone to keep smooth drag feedback.

• Snap value is used for all modeling commands.

Improved Application UI:

• Close all documents in the application menu.

• Menus no longer wrap.

• Triad manipulator is simplified.

• Command glyphs now use a cleaner horizontal alignment.

• Re-anchor command is moved to the value edit control drop down menu.

• Menus open on mouse-over.

• Marking menu/context menus cascading menus allow selection of sub menu default without opening the cascading menu.

• Transparent Ribbon.

• Improved Select Other UI and positioning. Additional select other logic for tangent chain of faces or edges.

Improved Materials:

• Inventor Fusion uses Autodesk Material library 2011.

• New materials UI.

• Improved material quality.

• New, "Remove material override" command.

Dimension and Constraint Improvements:

• Edit dimensions on creation.

• Improved dimension locking UI.

• Clean up dimension formatting and manipulation.

• Added new editable dimensions: Linear (radial) distance between concentric cylinders.

• Dimension and Constrain to blend faces.

• Holes with multiple concentric elements have concentric constraints automatically added, such as counter bore and counter sink.

• Assembly constraints offer improved creation logic and glyph options.

• Annotation planes have improved associativity to dimensioned geometry.

Sketch Improvements:

• Sketch Point object

• Project Sketch Point

Modeling Improvements:

• Loft point mapping now allows all points to be rotated at once by double clicking the manipulator.

• Loft point mapping manipulator allows precise entry from HUD for positioning it along an element as a percentage.

• You can loft to point using sketch or curve points.

• Dragging a preview long sweep path allows distance along an element to be input as a percentage along an element.

• Circular pattern and Revolve allow circular edges and sketch curves to define an axis for revolution.

Assembly Improvements:

• Mirror and Pattern Components.

• Component patterns can use feature patterns to populate options.

• Dissolve all features from component context menu.

• Import data into any component in an assembly structure.

• Export any component in an assembly structure into a new file.

-Kevin Schneider

Autodesk, inc.

Edited by: schneik on Apr 5, 2010 11:23 AM
Kevin Schneider
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
klmarchant
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Labs is showing up as a Red Hat test page... any idea when it will be up and running?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

It should be up now. It is for me. There are many servers around the globe,
so it may be a minute or so for the other ones.

wrote in message news:6367220@discussion.autodesk.com...
Labs is showing up as a Red Hat test page... any idea when it will be up and
running?
Message 4 of 7
DRudaz

Hi all,

I have installed Autocad Inventor professional Suite 2011 and Autodesk Inventor Fusion TP3 on my laptop with Windows 7 64 bits and it's no working together. The Autodesk Inventor Interoperability is not working. When I make a "edit solid" only a message with the link to Autodesk Labs is displayed and Fusion don't start.
I have verified that the two addins are loaded :
Inventor : Fusion Change Manager - File open
Inventor : Fusion Change Manager AddIn.

Any idea ?

Regards

Dominique
Message 5 of 7
schneik-adsk

Are you using Windows Vista or Windows 7? If so please turn off UAC and see ith that fixes the problem.

-Kevin Schneider
Autodesk, Inc.
Kevin Schneider
Message 6 of 7
jdits7

Just to check, make sure that you have the selection checked to use Inventor Fusion to edit solids. It is under application options, part tab, down towards the bottom. I am including a pic for reference. I don't have Fusion installed on my work computer yet so mine is set opposite of what it should be set on, also when I go to edit a solid I get the same message box as you do.

jdits7
jdits7
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Blog - http://www.inventortopix.com
Twitter - @InventorTopixJD
Message 7 of 7
DRudaz

Hello,
Thank's for your Answer. I have all new install and now it's work.

Regards

Dominque

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report