Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My observations so far...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
AlexFielder
534 Views, 4 Replies

My observations so far...

Despite another thread that detailed a couple of issues/errors/observations/whateveryouwanttocallthem, I figured I'd create my own list for issues/observations as I find them: -

1. There is no way of changing (reversing) the default mousewheel action (roll to zoom in or out)
  2. There's no way of moving/rotating/offsetting sketches - will these be added later?
  3. I had this installed on my home system, and have two monitors there - with the program maximized on the right hand screen, the program seemed to stop functioning when using the view cube to rotate the view. (I will check this again later as I only noticed it at around 10pm yesterday, so I could have been tired I suppose)
  4. The modelling features seem to be lacking when compared to IV 2009/2010 - is this deliberate? (I assume so?)
  5. Umm, that's all I can remember from my fiddlings last night.
I'll try and add/update the above list when I get time, but, on the whole, it is a good looking application which I'm sure will mature with input from labs' users. Good job!

Oh, before I forget, I'm running it on Vista Home Premium 32BIT with 4Gb Memory, and a Q6600 cpu - gfx are a Radeon 4850.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: AlexFielder

Seems there is a HUGE list of limitations in Fusion Tech Preview. So don't expect to find a lot of the same functionality as you do in Inventor today. This is walk before you run.
This TP is like showing/starting with MS paint and your end product will be photoshop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
AlexFielder

Ok, I'll bear that in mind.
Message 4 of 5
Mattaxe

"The modelling features seem to be lacking when compared to IV 2009/2010 - is this deliberate? (I assume so?)"

agree with above and also solid edge ST for that matter.
Message 5 of 5
jeff_strater

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback, in this and other discussion threads. You are correct - Fusion is not (yet) as capable of a modeler as Inventor is. As a Technology Preview, the goal was to explore some different modeling workflows ( a blend of direct modeling and parametric modeling), and explore some user-interface ideas. So, to answer your question: yes it was intentional to release Fusion with less modeling functionality than Inventor has, in order to get feedback on these ideas. We hope to expand the modeling operations in future releases.

Jeff Strater (Fusion development team)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report