Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple saved 'views' for exploded diagrams

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Guanavia
1024 Views, 4 Replies

Multiple saved 'views' for exploded diagrams

Hi Everyone,

I posted up a while ago about woodshop cut lists and and exploded diagrams and a rep from Autodesk said they're working on it for mid-year. Which is GREAT! Veyr much looking forward to that. In the mean time, however, I'm just manually pulling apart models and dimensioning them in different views. This does work... but it'd be great to not have to save a different file for each parts view. I've tried creating a 'named view,' but that only allows me to save a particular perspective view. As far as I've found. 

Basically what I want to do is have a couple different views saved that have the fully assembled piece, and a view where I've moved all the parts away from each other and dimmensioned them invididually. Basically doing a manual parts diagram. 

Is there a feature that allows soething like that?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Phil.E
in reply to: Guanavia

Hi,

Thanks for using Fusion!

Can you post an image of one of your "manual" exploded views? I need to get an idea of what you are trying to accomplish.

Regards,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Guanavia
in reply to: Phil.E

Sure,

This is basically what I'm getting at. Having all the parts I"m working with blown apart so it's easier to see the individual part dimensions and such. And at a quick glance have an idea of where everything goes.

In order for me to accomplish this I had to resave the document to a seperate file with all of the pieces moved apart. Ideally I'd like to have one file with multiple 'views' or something so I can have the fully assembled project in one, and the blown up view in another and switch back and forth between the two.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
Phil.E
in reply to: Guanavia

Thanks! Nice work.

I do not have an update for the exploded view solution, but I can offer a work around that keeps it all in one file:

1. New file
  2. New component on root, call it Assembly
  3. Make all parts as sub components to this
  4. New component on root, call it Exploded
  5. Copy and paste the assembly components to Exploded, do not use Paste New, just Paste.
  6. You can move the pasted assembly with the triad that appears
  • You can then pull apart Exploded and use the visibility toggles + saved views to manage the views.
  • When you update a part dimension, the exploded parts will update

I know it's not ideal, but please let us know if it helps any!

-Phil

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
Guanavia
in reply to: Phil.E

Excellent. Not a perfect (i.e. painless and automated) solution. But That'll work very well in the meantime. I had another post about a 'shop drawings' feature and the gentleman who replied to that said it's actually a feature that is in the works. So that'll be great too. 

I'm guessing that as a woodworker I'm probably in the minority when using a program like fusion, but having used solidworks and a couple of animation modeling apps in the past, sketchup is just so... weirdly setup and annoying. Thanks for all the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report