Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify DWG solids in Inventor Fusion

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jcampbell924
576 Views, 1 Reply

Modify DWG solids in Inventor Fusion

Hi gang.

I have been a long time Inventor user and was even a Mechanical Desktop user as well as an AutoCAD MEP user.  I have been using Inventor in the past to build content for AMEP and ship it over with the AEC tools built into Inventor.  When Fusion came out I really liked the idea of the blended work flow of creating AutoCAD solids with the ease of use in Inventor based functions.  I have been creating solids in AutoCAD back in the v12 days so it has come a long way. 

What I am trying to do is we received some DWG solids from a vendor that I am in the process of cleaning up.  Removing fillets, bolts, internal workings that I don’t need in AMEP when I place the content.  This helps me keep our MEP models workable.  I have made my adjustments in Fusion but when I bring them into AMEP 2012 they literally fall off the part.  Most of them are not present or it is like I never did anything at all to the original solid.  I have also gone as far to reduce the size of some connection points with the same results.  Once time the scale was even wrong when I opened it back up inside of AutoCAD. 

I would love to hear if someone else is having this issue or if I am just expecting too much out of Fusion.  I am running the 2012 version with the latest SP.

Thanks

JC

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi JC,

Would you please share the datatest which can reproduce the issue with me? I will use it to give it a try. My email is liangDOTliu@autodeskDOTcom. And it'll  only be used internally.

Also please confirm if your workflow is:

1. Open the dataset in Fusion

2. Make some edits, such as remove Fillets...

3. Save and Close the file

4. Open in AMEP

Thanks,

Macro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report