Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Mechanical Desktop 2005 to Inventor Fusion 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TrackOgre
722 Views, 3 Replies

Mechanical Desktop 2005 to Inventor Fusion 2012

So they've updated things at work finally and now I need to figure out how to import my MDT files into Inventor Fusion 2012.  What direction or clues can you provide help with.  This seems like a big jump in software to me.  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bobvdd
in reply to: TrackOgre

You can't get MDT files directly into Fusion. You will have to make a detour via Inventor.

Assuming that you installed Fusion as part of the AutodeskĀ® Product Design Suite 2012, I think the only thing you need to do is download the MDT version that is compatible with Inventor 2012 release from www.autodesk.com/mdt

Import your MDT dwg into Inventor first. Then open the resulting IAM files in Fusion.

Good luck.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 3 of 4
schneik-adsk
in reply to: TrackOgre

Is there a reason why you want to go to Invento Fusion and not Inventor?

-Kevin Schneider

Kevin Schneider
Message 4 of 4
TrackOgre
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Fusion is what they installed on my machine along with some Autocad stuff.  I wasn't involved in their selection process and frankly am not up to date on the features of the current offerings.  I will need to find out exactly what package they purchased and determine if I can just have Inventor which sounds like what I should want.  Stay tuned.

Chuck Bunnell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report