Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ive lost so many hours of work, I just need some help. Please.

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
sosaj64
1322 Views, 13 Replies

Ive lost so many hours of work, I just need some help. Please.

I'm somewhat new to Inventor Fusion and I have been working on a couple of projects for some time and just out of nowhere the program closes with an error:

Error: Unhandled Exception

Version: 1.3.0.31

Report Contents:

CER-Dump.dmp

dmpuserinfo.zip

dumpdata.zip

This has happened a few times on a project I've been working on and I've just kinda took the loss and started over. Though it has helped improve my skills on Fusion, the further along I get the more frustrating it becomes when the error occurs again. I'd be grateful if someone can shed some light on what exactly is going on and if there's something I can do to fix this issue.

Specs: Windows Vista 32bit Service Pack2

4GB RAM

Inventor Fusion 2012

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
JDMather
in reply to: sosaj64

@sosaj64 wrote:

... I've just kinda took the loss and started over.

Are you saving the file at regular intervals?

Are you not able to open the file where you last saved after the crash?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
sosaj64

Yes Im very OCD about saving. This just happens out of nowhere. Fusion crashes, I get the above error message and when I try to reopen the file I cant anymore. 

If there's one thing that I've (and this could mean absolutley nothing) noticed is it seems to happen when Im working around the bottom of the work area. So I tried creating a small component and placing very far down from the main project and -so far- I havent been able to reproduce the problem. Here's the file I can no longer open, maybe it works for you?

Message 4 of 14
JDMather

I tried opening in Fusion and it crashed immediately.

Opened in full Inventor and this is what I got

Fusion dwg.JPG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
sosaj64
in reply to: JDMather

Yeah that's definitely it. So it worked with Inventor but not Inventor Fusion,hmm,  what could this mean?

Message 6 of 14
sosaj64

I really need your help. Im stuck in the hospital right now and Im passing time by working on this project and its the end of the night so I saved and closed out to get some rest and I now I cant re open the project. This is so frustrating, I dont know what to do right now. I can send you the file. Its the same project Im just further along.  Im not sure what the bug or issue is. I've been looking around for a solution but I havent spotted anything yet. Im wondering if  spending all this energy on learning Inventor was worth the time. This sucks. Any help Id really appreciate. 

note: I had to zip it b/c it was too big 

Message 7 of 14
SallyYang

It's crash when open the original file in Inventor Fusion, however it could be opened by Inventor. I save as it in Inventor and reopen it in Inventor Fusion, then it could be opened(the unsupported ACAD information lost). see the screenshot below:Untitled.png 

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 14
sosaj64
in reply to: SallyYang

YES! I have it back. Oh I thought all was lost. Thank you so much. How can I avoid this from happening in the future? All I have is Inventor Fusion. 

Message 9 of 14
SallyYang

Well, it's not easy to simply say how to avoid this, however we can give the corrupted file to our development team to see if we could address the problem from it then we can make some fix in future releases. And it would be bettter if you can summary the steps that could reproduce the issue since you have encounter it twice. Thanks for helping us improve the quality!

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 14
sosaj64
in reply to: SallyYang

Thanks Sally. This has actually happened more than a few times for me. I have 3 or 4 other corrupted files where the same has happened. Like I said before, when it happens I usually just start over... I do remember the problem starting when I tried using the Assemble tool(though it's happened even without using it since). I wasnt sure if it was Fusion or something I was doing as I worked that was triggering it. I can send you the files, maybe your team can find the problem and avoid someone else some headaches in the future. I've been working on eggshells since, saving every component to its own file and closing out the program every so often to make sure it hasn't been corrupted. 

Message 11 of 14
schneik-adsk

Please send the files and if you get the crash report dialog, make sure you send it in with an email address. If you can give us the email we can then look at the crash report and try and help identify the problem. 

Thanks for your patience.

Kevin Schneider
Message 12 of 14
sosaj64
in reply to: schneik-adsk

The files are on my home PC, unfortunately I'm still stuck in the hospital atm. When I'm released I will send them, thanks.

Message 13 of 14
sosaj64
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Im finally able to access my corrupted files. Here are one of them:

Error: Unhandled Exception

Any help appreciated. 

Message 14 of 14
schneik-adsk

Here is what I could recover.

Kevin Schneider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report