Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Inventor Fusion free?

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
fprico
27548 Views, 15 Replies

Is Inventor Fusion free?

I want to know if Inventor Fusion is free for commercial use as a standalone application.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Phil.E
in reply to: fprico

Strictly speaking, yes. However it is retired and further development, i.e. new versions are not planned.

Have you seen Fusion 360? This is the next generation CAD tool based on Inventor Fusion. It comes with many new capabilities, most notably T-Splines surface modeling tools. It installs in minutes, so you can work anywhere. It's cloud based so anyone in your production path can benefit from the data. Right now it's in preview, here.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 16
fprico

Thanks for replying, yes I know about Fusion 360 but this is for 64 bits and I have 32 bits. So Inventor fusion will continiue through the years as 2013?,  can use it with no other application or I have to buy Autocad license? Autocad is to much expensive I can not even afford it.

Message 4 of 16
Phil.E

Yes, Inventor Fusion 2013 can be standalone. Download it here.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 16
SteveHenshall
in reply to: Phil.E

This link does not work, Page unavailable
Message 6 of 16
Phil.E
in reply to: SteveHenshall

Yes, as stated in this post and in our general announcement, support for Inventor Fusion has ended.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-fusion/inventor-fusion-support-will-be-discontinued-effective...

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 16
SteveHenshall

IF IT IS FREE, HOW DO I DOWNLOAD IT?
IT WAS AVAILABLE WITH OUR EARLIER PRODUCTS, NOW WE HAVE UPGRADE (UNDER SUBSCRIPTION) WE HAVE LOST 6 LICENCES.
WE DO NOT USE THE CLOUD AS OUR CLIENTS DO NOT ALLOW IT, SO 360 IS NOT THE ANSWER, PLUS THERE IS A MONTHY CHARGE.
OR ARE AUTODESK SAYING WE HAVE LOST THESE LICENCES BECAUSE WE PAY SUBSCRIPTION?

Regards.

Steve Henshall
Senior Engineer, CAE Systems
Simon Carves Engineering Ltd.
Simon House, Atlas Park, Simonsway, Manchester, M22 5PR, United Kingdom
Direct Tel: +44(0) 161 718 4591 Switchboard Tel: +44(0) 161 718 4400 Mobile: +44(0) 7852130559
www.simoncarveseng.com

If you are not required to maintain a printout for legal or audit purposes, please consider the environment before printing this email.

The information in this email and any attachments may contain privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this email is not the intended addressee, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me by telephone or email and delete all copies immediately. Simon Carves Engineering Ltd is a company registered in England & Wales under number 7596746. The firm's registered office and principal place of business is at Simon House, Atlas Park, Simonsway, Manchester, M22 5PR
Message 8 of 16
Phil.E
in reply to: SteveHenshall

Have you discussed this with your reseller?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 16
fprico

Hi,

I have still Inventor Fusion installed in my pc, could I still continue using it for free

Thanks.

Fernando.

Message 10 of 16
Phil.E

Yes you can. You may want to do a backup to your system that can restore it completely. If you ever accidentally uninstall it, there will not be a way to replace it otherwise.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 16
SteveHenshall

Yes, I have discussed it with my reseller. They are trying to locate a copy for me but are having no success. As stated previously, Fusion 360 and anything else Cloud based is not always the answer, and AutoDesk should not be forcing it on the customers. They are providing a service, and should not be dictating to their customers, just as companies such as mine provide a service and we are told we cannot use Cloud. You will lose customers if you continue in this manner.

Message 12 of 16
fprico

Hi, thanks

I was asking of Inventor Fusion independent from Autocad. I don't have Autocad "professional" installed.

We are talking about free for comercial use?.

Message 13 of 16
Phil.E

@Steve- Do you have a system restore or backup with your 2012 Inventor Fusion on it?

@fprico- Inventor Fusion stand-alone is free for commercial use.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 16
SteveHenshall

Phil.E : I still have the installation disks for 2012, but that does not help, as Fusion 2012 is not stand-alone and requires a compatible version of AutoCAD to be installed (ie AutoCAD 2012). As stated in my original query, due to being on subscription, we are expected to upgrade our software to suit ADSK support. We are now running AutoCAD 2014 and 2015, none of which have Fusion (I am discounting Fusion 360 as it is not acceptable to us or any of our clients). Fusion 2013 R1, I am led to believe, is a stand-alone version of Fusion which is compatible with AutoCAD 2014, but trying to find a copy is like searching for the Holy Grail.

I can understand ADSK not supporting an older version, but to completely remove it from any download site is extremely poor and not in their users interest. Do AutoDESK not have back-ups of there intsallation software so that they could at least offer it on request? I am prepared to sign a disclaimer, stating that ADSK do not support the product and it is used purely at my own risk. As it stands at the moment, I am now looking for alternatives, that is not restricted to ADSK

Message 15 of 16
jlh49CQF

Does anybody have the original installer for this wonderful piece of software? I've been scowering the web for hours trying to find it, and it seems autodesk has vanquished it. 

Message 16 of 16
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: jlh49CQF

@jlh49CQF wrote:

... I've been scowering the web for hours trying to find it, and it seems autodesk has vanquished it. 

Search for the replacement Autodesk Fusion 360.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report