Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Fusion vs Inventor LT

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
davidjobe54
1918 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor Fusion vs Inventor LT

Hi,

Are the commands for Inventor Fusion the same as Inventor LT or Pro? Or is it a completely different program? Not much info out there on Inv Fusion.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Phil.E
in reply to: davidjobe54

David,

Inventor Fusion 2013 is a completely different program from Inventor LT and Inventor Pro. Rather than using parametrics and history driven design like Inventor Pro, Inventor Fusion is a 'direct' modeling program

Here is a link to the online help for Inventor Fusion 2013:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_Fusion/enu/2013

You can find links to videos and pages that explain the commands and how they function.

You might also want to check out Fusion 360 in case it's more like what you have in mind. This is very new and also completely different.

Thanks!

HP EliteBook 8560w Win 7
13" MacBook Pro, mid 2009 OS X 10.8.5
Portland, Oregon

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
davidjobe54
in reply to: Phil.E

Phil,
Thank you for the reply and the link. I think Inventor Fusion will work fine. I need complete modeling control for small objects like a functioning coo coo clock or an RC helicopter. Looks like Inventor Pro would be overkill. What do you think?
Thanks, David
Message 4 of 7
Phil.E

Yes Inventor Pro might be overkill.

I would lean towards Fusion 360. It's newer, has motion simulation, better visualization, organic shape definition with T-Splines, and is based on the technology of Inventor Fusion anyway. It's also free for what you wish to do.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
davidjobe54

Is it stand alone or web based? Will I be able to use the modeling functions away from wifi?

Sent from my iPhone
Message 6 of 7
Phil.E

The modeling portion is local and has an offline mode. The data is stored in your personal hub which is cloud storage. You can download the data any time - for prototyping or other downstream workflows.

There is a ton of information about it on the Fusion 360 community page including learning resources, command reference, forum, and a download link. Over a good connection it should stream to your computer in a couple minutes. It runs on Mac or Windows.

Thanks and I hope you find the tools you need for your job!

Regards,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
davidjobe54

I'll try it and thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report