Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Fusion on Mac very slow after importing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mrbreakit
587 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Fusion on Mac very slow after importing

I imported a part via step and arrayed it with 6 parts. Fusion now is very slow. I have saved and reloaded the part but even just moving the mouse over the menus gives me the color wheel. Activity monitor shows CPU usage at 100%

Is there some sort of setting to optimize here? Its not a particularly complex model. Maybe the system doesn't like imported data perhaps? The step file was 3.7Mb and I'm running on a 2.3 GHz i7 macbook pro with 8Gb ram.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SallyYang
in reply to: mrbreakit

Thanks for raising up this performance issue! I am very appriciate if you can share the file to us, as it will help us to address the issue quickly.

Sincerely,

Sally 

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
mrbreakit
in reply to: SallyYang

Hi Sally, unfortunately I can't send this file because of proprietary content and I don't want to go thru NDA paperwork. I will try to recreate the problem with another example. Is there anything I can check on my end?
Message 4 of 4
SallyYang
in reply to: mrbreakit

Thanks for your quickly response, and I think I can catch the problem finally. I have added it to our defect list and hope it could be resolved in our later version.

Thanks again for your feedback, it's really helpful to us. Hoping to get more valuable feedback from you again!

Sincerely,

Sally

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report