Inventor Fusion

eduardito28
Message 1 of 4 (402 Views)

Inventor Fusion not opening . HELP !

402 Views, 3 Replies
02-29-2012 09:05 AM

Hello everyone , this is my first post on these forums . I'm a student and I downloaded the "student" version of inventor , I was able to install everything well and serial code and all that was good . But now I try to open Inventor Fusion and it shows what is on the first picture , once I click ok it shows what is on the second picture . Can anyone please help ? I  really need inventor to finish some school work , this has been driving me crazy . Thanks in advance :smileywink:.

inv.jpg

inb.jpg

Board Manager
schneik
Message 2 of 4 (374 Views)

Re: Inventor Fusion not opening . HELP !

03-04-2012 01:58 PM in reply to: eduardito28

Inventor Fusion that is part of the Product Design Suite needs another Autodesk product to be installed. Any other design product like AutoCAD or Inventor or Inventor Pro will work.

You say you need Inventor to finish a project. Do you need INVENTOR or INVENTOR FUSION?

If al you want is Inventor Fusion you can download a free version from Labs.autodesk.com. The difference being this one runs for one year but DOES NOT require another Autodesk application to be installed.

Kevin Schneider

15" Macbook Pro Retina - OSX 10.9 in Portland, Oregon

eduardito28
Message 3 of 4 (371 Views)

03-04-2012 02:43 PM in reply to: schneik

schneik wrote:

Inventor Fusion that is part of the Product Design Suite needs another Autodesk product to be installed. Any other design product like AutoCAD or Inventor or Inventor Pro will work.

You say you need Inventor to finish a project. Do you need INVENTOR or INVENTOR FUSION?

If al you want is Inventor Fusion you can download a free version from Labs.autodesk.com. The difference being this one runs for one year but DOES NOT require another Autodesk application to be installed.

Well ,I thought they were both the same , but not in everything . Last year I was able to get the 2011 version completley free for three years as a student . I had to reset the computer to factory settings and I lost everything and now that I needed Inventor I chose the "2012" version and it gave me inevntor fusion .

UPDATE : I'm downloading  Inventor  2011 , why when I chose "2012" version it gave me fusion and not Inventor Professional ? because Fusion is just an add-on to the 2011 version of Inventor ?

Board Manager
schneik
Message 4 of 4 (359 Views)

03-05-2012 08:36 AM in reply to: eduardito28

I have double checked that this issue is fixed. When I go to the student portal and select software download for Inventor 2012 I now get the following correct download:

ssp_temp_capture.png

Kevin Schneider

15" Macbook Pro Retina - OSX 10.9 in Portland, Oregon

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.